Lumbar bladder................

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tuesday as in tomorrow or tuesday a week out?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao You left yourself so wide open on that one. I honestly don't know squat about the Lumbar in the seats.

Only left on Tuesday after sitting home almost the entire month of July for lack of anything better to do.

Been a busy week. Grabbed a 37' Jayco Recon in Charleston, SC and took it to Goshen, IN and grabbed the one I'm under in Goshen, IN and now sitting in Post Falls Idaho killing time waiting to deliver this 40' Keystone Fuzion Toyhauler across the street tomorow mornng then head out to grab one in Pendleton, OR and drop it in Kaysville, UT and then pick one up in Salt Lake City, UT and deliver it in Wright, WY and mabey head back to Indiana after that and see if I can snag one to Texas to see my folks for a few days.

Should be a good 8 days work grossing $4542.61 and should clear about $2300 - $2500. It sure is nice when you can snag a reload instead of going back all the way empty.

I knew it I just knew it!;Really That is some cool cash! stay safe!:angel:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew it I just knew it!;Really That is some cool cash! stay safe!:angel:

Remember with the reward comes an awful lot of risk. Easy come, easy go. Right now most in this business are ******** there isn't any freight with all the plants closing and companies going out of business. I don't know of any transport company doing any hiring until about the end of January when things pick up. I make my money running the tough loads nobody wants (Canada, heavy stuff, long stuff) and some can't haul legally.

Only get lucky like this once in a while. You HAVE to be profitable running one out and coming back empty to survive in this business. If you get lucky enough to be in an area for a reload you have to be quick on the trigger or it WILL vanish often within minutes.

Looking at the load board a few minutes ago there ain't sqaut out west now so I'm planning to run the last 1100 miles from Wyoming to Elkhart empty and try to snag one to Texas to see my folks.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, I'll be working tomorrow night otherwise I'd buy you a burger and a shake or something like that.

That all good, running pretty hard this week, making money when I can with the slowdown and can't guess when I'll get through there, mabey midnight for all I know, depends on how late I get the load.

Definatly want to get it off me by wednesday as I am trying to link up with the Director of Owner Interests at Heartland RV friday morning for a personal guided tour of the plant. I made up a floorplan for the Bighorn fifth wheel rearranging a few things and using stuff they already have in production across a few product lines and a slide out configuration they already have in production in the Bighorn line and the product manager liked it and sent it to engineering, wonder if I'll meet him too.

Take it easy Mike. I'll wave on the way by......... I'll use all 5 fingersLOL

milner351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting back on topic - I've rebuilt my seat and you can easily get to the lumbar -- it's quite possible that the lumbar bladder didn't break - but the factory welds holding the cross bar that holds the lumbar bladder broke..

That's what I found when I pulled apart my '97 seat, and the '95 seat.

The covers come off, the foam comes off the frame, then you see the frame, the cross bar, and the bladder that is wired to the cross bar. Re weld the cross bar to the frame and replace the nylon air hose (usually cracked at the seat pivot point) and put it back together.

While the seat is out you might as well remove the cover from the bottom cushion and slip a piece of sign plastic, flimsy wood panelling or similar between the cushion and the springs.... worked great for me, both seats felt like new when i put them back into the trucks. I used wood panelling cause that's what I had around.... I'm over 200lb and I like the firm feel that gave the seats.

My lumbar works, but does leak down over time, so, the rubber hose patch I put over the nylon hose must be leaking, or there's a crack somewhere else in the system.

milner351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd think I'd remember... after having two of these apart.

I'm pretty sure it's bolted under the seat, the switch on the left side of the seat activates it, and there's two wires going to it - I think that's the only electrical connection that has to be removed to pull the seat... the seatbelt stays in place on the floor when the seat lifts out - so no belt minder wire to worry about.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Getting back on topic - I've rebuilt my seat and you can easily get to the lumbar -- it's quite possible that the lumbar bladder didn't break - but the factory welds holding the cross bar that holds the lumbar bladder broke..

That's what I found when I pulled apart my '97 seat, and the '95 seat.

The covers come off, the foam comes off the frame, then you see the frame, the cross bar, and the bladder that is wired to the cross bar. Re weld the cross bar to the frame and replace the nylon air hose (usually cracked at the seat pivot point) and put it back together.

While the seat is out you might as well remove the cover from the bottom cushion and slip a piece of sign plastic, flimsy wood panelling or similar between the cushion and the springs.... worked great for me, both seats felt like new when i put them back into the trucks. I used wood panelling cause that's what I had around.... I'm over 200lb and I like the firm feel that gave the seats.

My lumbar works, but does leak down over time, so, the rubber hose patch I put over the nylon hose must be leaking, or there's a crack somewhere else in the system.

Diddo The welds were broke on my 97 as well. I had our welder at work weld it back up and He said the metal was some Chinese garbage metal, He knows his stuff when it come to welding.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done the conversion but cant take any credit as that would go to Ky Diesel for being the one to bring that lil upgrade to the 94-97 crowd.

I hope this ends the burnt harness probelms to a standstill or at least curbs the problem.

what? Really thats sweet, anyone have links to pics/ places to buy these?