Lug nut question about old dukes of hazzard wheels

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have the wheels yet but I am looking to get them, but I am curious if I will be able to use the factory lug nuts from my 1994 f250. I think they came factory on old dodges. They are 8 lug, 16.5"x10". If I need different lugnuts then what style and size do I need?

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Really can't say without seeing the holes. More than likely you will need lug nuts that have a shank on them that goes into the holes, and a washer against the head of the lug nut.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The slot mags that were on my PowerStroke are right out of that same era, and they use the same shank style lug nut with the washer that those turbines most likley do.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have the wheels yet but I am looking to get them, but I am curious if I will be able to use the factory lug nuts from my 1994 f250. I think they came factory on old dodges. They are 8 lug, 16.5"x10". If I need different lugnuts then what style and size do I need?

Those wheels are gonna be nothing but trouble.

If they have some age on them, then galvanic corrossion will have set up and the beads will always slow-leak.

Those shanked nuts are only good for siezing up on the stud threads and stripping out.

Plus, 16.5 highway tires went out with Richard Nixon.

Myself, I would pass. ;Really

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Those wheels are gonna be nothing but trouble.

If they have some age on them, then galvanic corrossion will have set up and the beads will always slow-leak.

Those shanked nuts are only good for siezing up on the stud threads and stripping out.

Plus, 16.5 highway tires went out with Richard Nixon.

Myself, I would pass. ;Really

Wow, no sale to you.

The "big" problems are all solved with little effort, time or money. Shanked nuts are perfectly fine as long as you get the right length ones. Oil them in and out before installing to prevent rust, galling and seizing. The leakage problem is solved with some spray paint on the wheel inside the tire (an old trick). I had some wheels ball burnished because of leakage, it works great and makes them real shiny. Just not smooth and shiny.

16.5 tires are not as easy to come by as 16", but there are lots of wheels out there for practically free if you have the inclination.

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like these eh?

You must be registered for see images attach

You need the correct shanked lugnuts like these then.

http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2361

I have them and they are perfect for a mag type wheel.

Yes, that is the style of wheel I am takling about. I have always liked the way they look and I can get a set for a good deal. As for tire selection I know it is limited in 16.5" but BFG make their A/T in that size and that is probably the tire that I would end up with, for either 16.5 or 16.

So we need 9/16" lug nuts? Does anyone know the correct lengnth? I have longer lugs in the back than in the front.

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
It was late and I was kinda drunk so I botched the link. LOL I bought these for my truck and they are long enough to work on the front and back with no mods.

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
I see round head-lights.

Is a custom grille in the works ?? :dunno

Yup those are actually the headlights out of my 80 toyota. The truck started as an 89 and I hate that grill and composite headlight setup so when I swapped 5" headlights into the yota I just bolted the 7" buckets to the ferd.

It will get a grille one of these days when I get the yota closer to done. Or my neighbor finally decides to stop talking about building me a stainless grille and does it. Guess I should stop feeding him beer when he's over. LOL

Towcat you know you'd love to shoot that paint scheme for your daughter you can admit it here... :D

My tow pig and crawler match, now if I get the trailer done before I'm dead it'll be painted to match too. :sly

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Towcat you know you'd love to shoot that paint scheme for your daughter you can admit it here... :D
honestly, I have no problem shooting that color combo on any truck she puts together. There will be no mistake who's truck it is when she goes out on the town with it.;Sweet
She's only 11 right now, but she's already done two 87-91 wiring harness swap-outs for me.
I'm working on her attention to detail by forcing her to overhaul electrical systems.
yes...I'm a slave driver.
at least it isn't a 80-86 harness.:eek:
I left that job to Punkmechanic. :D
gave him a rot-free MB300sd for going through that grief;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger