Looking for recommendations for transporting

dbensen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a '94 F250 in Washington state and I'm here on the East coast in Maryland. It has been awhile since I transported a vehicle and I'm looking for recommendations. Anyone on the list transporting cars? That is how I moved the last one. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The price had really jumped since the last time I did this. Hoping to keep it in the family. Thanks, Doug

TDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES....Absolutely you should give Montway transport a call. Last June I had an F250, 6,9 delivered to my door in CT from New Mexico. It took them about a week to find a carrier.

Here is quote from my post last year

I just recieved my "new" 1985 250 4x4 IDI. I had it delivered from New Mexico to Connecticut.

I bought this truck back in October and the seller let me store it on his lot until last week. I used Montway Auto Transport and they were AWESOME.

http://www.montway.com/

When I first searched for a transporter I made the ******** mistake of entering my information into a website that got me multiple quotes from transporters..... and my phone rang off the hook with transport companies calling me and completely harrassing me to use them, one even said that there was no way I could get the truck shipped for less than their price of 1600$ and that if I agreed to less than that the shipper would hold the truck hostage until I paid more!

Montway was NOT one of the shippers that came from that search. I gave up and told them all to **** off.

I found Montway and they were absolutely professional, after they quoted me aout 1400$ with a discount of about $180 if I paid cash to the driver when he got here. I gave them a 160$ creditcard deposit and was done.

It took them about a week to find and dispatch a transport company, and my truck arrived four days later to my doorstep.

Montway called me after they found a trucker to pick up the Ford, they said that the trucker wanted 50$ more than they quoted so they were issuing me a 50$ credit to my credit card!!! They were great, highly reccomended...the 250, well thats another story.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online