Looking for an IDI (preferably turboed)

smooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you had the heads checked, correct? Then it does appear that you would need to get your engine sleeved. If I were in your shoes, I'd just look for another motor and rebuild the other one at your leisure and either sell it, swap it back in, or keep it for a spare. I wouldn't ditch the whole truck, although if engine pulling isn't your thing, I can understand why that would be an easy way out.

No, definately not getting rid of it. The engine swap doesn't scare me, I honestly think it will be easier then the head gasket (if the engine has the accessories already, if not, then it would add to the work/time). As for keeping it, I want to put a diesel in the Vanchero, but that's way down the road, and since it's a van, I know there are some differences that I'd have to address. When it comes time for that, I plan on finding a idi parts van to pull the engine along with other things like fuel tanks, dash stuff, etc.

MoMo

P.S. your article on the swap was a HUGE help in getting through the head gasket work. Thanks! ;Sweet

smooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is high mileage, but it would work like mel said till ya could rebuild the current one? I've posted a video clip some where of it running.

Thanks, but I'm not really interested in rebuilding this one. I've never put a bottom end together and I don't really have the time (I work full time, go to school in the evenings and presently have three 'project' trucks). So, whatever I put in I want to be a permanent resident.

Thanks anyways!

MoMo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online