Looking for an adjustable hitch...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I've been interested in getting an adjustable hitch assembly for a while now, but haven't had a chance to look seriously into it. Courtesy of my volunteer work with Scouts, I find myself towing a variety of trailers (it's what I use my truck mostly for)...needing 2", 2 5/16", and even the occasional small boat trailer with a 1 7/8" hitch on it. Instead of carrying 3 separate hitches that all have the same drop, it'd be nice to have one hitch that I can adjust the drop on.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I found this one: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_245756_245756 ...looks like about what I'd need (I DEFINITELY need the 10K capacity, assuming it's as beefy as it looks). Are these really as strong as the "traditional" 10K hitches? I certainly don't want to compromise in capacity or quality...does anyone have any brands/models they prefer, or any reasons to recommend against going with the one I linked to? FWIW my receiver is a custom-built setup that was bolted AND welded in place, so while I don't have a weight rating on it, I'd trust it with anything, and has a standard 2" receiver.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...thank you in advance! I'm hoping to put this on my Christmas list :angel:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, just about all of the trailers I find strapping to the back of my truck aren't set up for weight distribution, even though some of them should be...at least I'm not moving them a long distance!

Thank you ;Sweet any further feedback?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tim-
solid bar ;Sweet
tri ball welded on ;Sweet
anit rattle preload screw ;Sweet
betcha it's a Buyers Hitch unit. they're well built.
buy it.;Sweet

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd state for the record...no surprise here, Calvin's correct that that's linking to a Buyer's unit. I ended up getting it today as a Christmas present ;Sweet ...and it's nice, heavy-duty, and overbuilt...just what I was hoping for :D haven't had a chance to use it yet, but one thing's for sure...if I'm hitching to a load that will overload that hitch, I have no business hooking that load to my truck :D :D :D

Thanks for the recommendations ;Sweet again, without having actually put it to use, I would recommend it to anyone...

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Reaction score

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have several stingers with different balls on them. I cant use a one size fits all because I have a WD hitch on my enclosed triailer. Would be nice to go down to one stinger though. Keep us posted onhow well it works.