looking for a front receiver

jtt220

Reaction score
I've been keeping my eyes out for a front receiver for my '86, but to no avail. I don't care if it replaces the front bumper in process (with a beefier unit). Does anyone have a used one or know a good source where I could buy a new one (or have on made). I want to be able to use my motorcycle carrier on the front of the truck because my slide-in camper covers access to the rear receiver. Thanks!

Arborigine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for one as well, to use my portable winch and move trailers. The lack of them available has to make me wonder if i should only build one? I would like to build a fairly thin unit with a square hole cut in the original bumper, but even with a plasma cutter the chrome will start to peel back.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KInda want to add one to my front bumper too, then I can take an load a car trailer with my winch really easy by turning around and setting tailer on front hitch! Then winch away drawing car up on to the trailer!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you're going to need to make one...I have yet to see a pre-fabricated one offered for these trucks, and every front hitch receiver I've seen was custom-made. Unfortunately, most of those custom-made ones attached the receiver to the radiator core support :shocked: not a good idea...if you're going to make one, make sure it's attached to the frame and not the core support...

HiHorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am willing and able to build one or one hundred for anyone interested. I also do custom frt bumpers, stylish, not one size fits all type of catalog bumpers. PM me if you are interested.