Look out for the slow blue bricknose!

3/4 Ton-O-Fun

90F250 na7.3IDI 4x4
Reaction score
Tomorrow I start the run from Tempe, AZ to White Rock, BC. I am planning on I-10 to I-210 to I-5.

Yes, I know I have my seasonal migration mixed up.

Wave if you see me. I'm the one with the black primer passenger side door!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have any troubles in oregon let us know. Im 6 miles from I-5. North of Salem.

D.A.V_Oil_Brnr

M88 Junky
Reaction score
Migration

If you run into any issues, get in touch with me!! I am just shy of typ4 in Eugene right off the freeway. The VRC (Valley River Center) Mall is literally across the river from me! Best of luck on your trip! Stop by and say hi if you need a freeway rest!:thumbsup::yell:

tractorman86

Reaction score
Well I'm only 10 mi south of i10. When you pass tonopah wave to us in arlington. Give me a shout if you need any help out yonder.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you need any help around Vancouver Washington, just on the other side of the river from Portland.

Good luck, sounds like a fun road trip ;Sweet

3/4 Ton-O-Fun

90F250 na7.3IDI 4x4
Reaction score
WilltheThrill, I have been one street off of Mill Ave, just south of ASU.

riotwarrior, I will be using White Rock as a home base of sorts. The wife and I have places to use there, in Summerland and at Sun Peaks. This winter will be fun, for sure!

typ4, I am planning on a fuel system overhaul. You will be seeing me soon.

D.A.V_Oil_Brnr, It is always nice to have more options.

tractorman86, I have hiked around Tonopah before. The petroglyphs out there are really interesting. It is hard to imagine people living out there without having a lot of things we would consider essential. I volunteered with the Harquahala fire department a few times when my buddy was out there. Learned to drive big trucks thanks to them.

lotzagoodstuff, I think it will be fun!

If any of you have any food places that are not to be missed, let me know!

The spot I will not drive by without stopping is Taylor Shellfish Farms on the Chuckanut Drive, south of Bellingham, WA. Shucking on the beach with a beer is the best.

Not on this drive, but between Whistler and Sun Peaks is a place called Western Promises. A carnivores favorite sandwich shop on an amazing drive.

Any of you Oregonians know if the elk are still all over the highway, or are they always all over the highway?

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I can see the 210 from my shop in Monrovia. Wave as you go by, or come on in for a soda.

I went to ASU on scholarship 35 years ago, saw it last April for the first time in 20 years. Lots of changes, but I still recognized plenty. Tempe is a great town.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never seen any Elk off of I-5.
Other places your guranteed to see them every time you drive through (like Elkton), but not on the interstate.
I live about 30 seconds from the Albany I-5 exit.
Your pretty covered once you get up to Eugene.

suv7734

Reaction score
I'm about 15 minutes from White Rock if that helps.

Have a safe and uneventful trip.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like fun!!

If it's feasible and if you don't have a reason to go through L.A., I would recommend jumping up to the I-40 either in Arizona or in eastern California. The 210 through L.A. is almost bound to be a parking lot :shocked:

The I-40 will take you to Barstow, then you continue on California Highway 58 to Bakersfield...you'll meet Highway 99, go north about a half hour to Highway 46 west, then take the 46 to the I-5.

Ironically, I'm in L.A. right now...what's your timeframe for going through CA?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online