Look out for the slow blue bricknose!

3/4 Ton-O-Fun

90F250 na7.3IDI 4x4
Reaction score
First off, thanks to everyone!

I have good news and better news. First, I made it. Second, new mpg record for me, 19.4mpg over 1623.4miles.

The double nickel avenger!

Knuckledragger, Do you have a view of where they close the 210 down to 2 lanes on a friday night? Yeah, that sucked. I left Phx late. While creeping through the valley rush hour I thought to myself that at least I would be in LA late night, so I would miss their/your traffic. WRONG! They choked the traffic down to make a mess where there shouldn't be, just for me. Thankfully, when I left LA behind, I didn't see another blue headlight honda until Portland. I sort of wish everyone of those would crash into those that drive in the left lane and/or those that "merge" onto a highway by making highway traffic yield to avoid an accident.

FordGuy100, I must have been remembering the 101.

bike-maker, D.A.V. and typ4, so I stop in Sutherlin for coffee and pit stop... Holy hell are your girls cool! I left Tempe of skinny plastic boob c###s and landed in small town paradise. Saturday night with townie hotties is not the place for a married guy! The barrista hooked me up, too!

One sad thing I have noticed up here around Bellingham/Blaine are the number of deer. More specifically, the number of slightly dinged dead ones on the side of the road. What is wrong with people? If I even saw someone gently kill one like that I would have the backstraps and ***** out before they could ask twice if it was dead or not. Hell, most anything not fouled. Now if they popped their guts... no.

I showed one of my old girlfriends that trick one time.
"I don't think you are allowed to do that."
"Guess I better hurry then, huh?"
Dead is dead and a terrible waste to boot. I also eat day old pizza and cookies off the floor.

Cucamongan, that means a lot! Thanks!

suv7734, when things go sideways, every bit helps.

The Warden, yeah, I hear you. I have taken my time on trips before. It is a drive everyone should take their time with, hell, there are lots of drives and lots of places. This time I wanted to go Wickenburg->Kingman->Las Vegas then mono lake and Yosimite. Unfortunately my truck is filled with my stuff and tools. I cannot afford to lose my box. Probably should have a rider on it.

If you all haven't heard, the USA is awesome and filled with cool people and amazing places. I advise everyone to go somewhere!

Canada, too! I love both!

cm1hedge, once you get out of southern and middle Cali, it is pretty nice.

Hey lotzagoodstuff, what were the Portland highway planners thinking? If you haven't seen them, the freeways and ramps are running in every direction, twisted like a rats nest of rope. It must be someone trying to use up a highway budget, because it sure looked so complicated that it would just be easier to knock it all down and simplify it.

Hey everyone, thanks again! I am hoisting you all a beer right now in Blaine at the Past time. I have to drop off booze at the boat before I cross.

The brotherhood(and sisterhood) of the IDI is alive and well! I will be bouncing around BC and Washington this season. Don't hesitate to txt me.

Take it easy, everyone!

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey lotzagoodstuff, what were the Portland highway planners thinking? If you haven't seen them, the freeways and ramps are running in every direction, twisted like a rats nest of rope. It must be someone trying to use up a highway budget, because it sure looked so complicated that it would just be easier to knock it all down and simplify it.
QUOTE]

I've been here 7 years and all I can say is I don't think anybody in the NorthWest can spell infrastructure, let alone define it or put it to use on the highways here :dunno

Glad to hear your journey is going well, keep in touch and travel safely ;Sweet

tractorman86

Reaction score
Did you take vulture mine road from the 10 to wickenburg? That's a cool little drive. The crystal palace and zingos are two good places to stop of you come back through bakersfield

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome Daisy Chain of support!!! Glad you're having a good time.

I'm formerly a NorWester myself.... no clue as to freeway expansion or sense for on/off ramps....add a few Canucks (In SoCal it's Baja plates... LOLOL!!) to the mix and the definition of traffic is parking.

I like your MPG's. Didn't see your truck stats... engine, mods etc. in your siggy. Could you supply us with some info between brews?

Have a great rest of your trip, I'm jealous.... and yes, you are correct, the good ole US of A is an awesome road trip!

Trust me, I've been to 50% of the worlds rat holes and even the nice ones(37 all total) aren't in the same league as Any Town, USA!

D.A.V_Oil_Brnr

M88 Junky
Reaction score
awwww....

Too bad you didn't take your coffee break in Eugene!! I grew up in Roseburg and was born there. Glad your trip went well. as for the roads.... I think a 4 year old could do better. here in Eugene the department of tickturds repairs straight sections of road that are fine but leave the short sections in disrepair. so you go from good sections of road to bad leaving you wondering "OMG did I run over a Datsun!!".:rotflmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online