Loaded!!

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
How much sand will this beast move? Not sure, The wifee got rid of it locally on freecycle in 1 day instead of driving 30 miles and paying like $60.00 per ton to drop it at the land fill.cookoo

You must be registered for see images attach

So,,,,how much sand is in there? Filled to overflowing if not for the sideboards, and somewhat wet,,,,how much weight? The suspension was not maxed out,,,:thumbsup: what's your guess??
Though the breaks were, she still had a fair amount of grunt for the weight.;Sweet

I say a record (in my book) 2.5 tons, steering light feeling, receiver on the Tommy lift 4" off the road, stops like the queen mary. :dunno

Did some steep hills at slow speed, up and down, down was fun.:eek:

I see a Hydroboost in my future, but first, water pump and return line kit.;Sweet

First things first,

What a great C-mas, and a merry new year to you and yours,:angel:

LCjeff

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Nothing like a loaded truck or trailer behind a truck and some hills to get the heart pumping quicker.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup yup, 1st gear on the downhill with the engine screaming while idling at over 3000 rpms - sure does make life easier for the brakes tho ;)

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shoulda been a dually. Your damn lucky a tire didn't blow.

How much sand will this beast move? Not sure

Looks like all of it you had loaded. :rotflmao Did the wifey drive the truck or you? Prolly you or she would have done wheelies. :rotflmao

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
If you had the box full and needed the side boards to keep from spilling any then you were around 4 tons

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bed size 8 x 6 x 1.5 = 72 cu. ft. ---Wet sand---130# x 72 = 9630# --- 9630 / 2000 = 4.68 ton conservative as he had it piled over the sides and with the Tommy Lift close to 5 ton.
One hell'va load. Got away with that, next time maybe not so lucky. Lot of shoveling to unload it. Wife prolly did it.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figure four-plus tons of payload.

Two tons won't even squat my old SRW 3/4-ton Chevy and that truck is really squished.

Silly as it may seem, water-soaked sand by volume is not near so heavy as the same volume of dry sand. ;Really

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way, why on earth would you be hauling sand to the landfill ?? :dunno

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
WOW

Thanks for the reality check and the math lesson.

I should be so lucky, wifee has nothing to do with a shovel, heck I'll probably
dig my own grave.:rotflmao

I now see why we like these beasts, don't mind the mule, keep loading the wagon mentality in a big way.:eek:

LCjeff

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats just dangerous. not only to yourself,but others on the road.
sorry to hear you didn't get fined,but happy to hear you didn't take someones life.

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
I wont do that again, thanks

You must live in some really weird place. :rolleyes:

So true!cookoo

thats just dangerous. not only to yourself,but others on the road.
sorry to hear you didn't get fined,but happy to hear you didn't take someones life.

15 Mph tops 1.5 miles, first gear is my friend.:eek:

Two questions.....How much air in the rear tires and how many leafs in your rear spring packs?

Standard pressure for these truck tires, that I do not skimp on, tires are the one thing..........
Will check the leafs soon, time to do voice overs for the first DIY G31 Mod, see ya soon,:thumbsup:

LCjeff