kubota D1105 Generator idles good more load the more black smoke poors out.

robdean

Reaction score
I have an 08 kubota D1105 Generator runs good at idle maybe a small amount of smoke but not easy to see. As i increase the load more and more smelly black smoke comes out getting thicker as the power demand increases. I know its way to much smoke has my garage full in no time when i really put a good load on it.

Pressure test shows cylinders are good and strong. I did a valve adjustment already.

I did have to fix the injector pump to get it to run it was gummed up. So i did take it all the way apart.

I know it means i am dumping to much fuel but is it an injector the pump or something else. What should i test and how do you recommend i do the test it?

Thanks again as always.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check for restriction in the fuel line. Our skid loader at work will start blowing black smoke and loses power when the inline per filter starts plugging up.

James

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firstly...congrats on getting the inj. pump all apart and back together again and it runs at all...tedious....I have been into them as well...

Check for restriction in the fuel line. Our skid loader at work will start blowing black smoke and loses power when the inline per filter starts plugging up.
The above is good advice to start with...

If that does not help...

Did the smoke start before you were into the IP or after..?

Was there any rust in the IP..?

Did you mark the plunger positions at the twist hold-downs and put them back to where they were when it ran well..?

Did gasoline accidentally get in the tank...?

Is it mechanical fuel pump or electric...?

How many hours on the engine..?

Check the fuel tank and filter...if it was gummed up...then start there and then move on to more involved tasks...

If it all checks out so far....

I would pop test the injectors and check the spray pattern.

Fine mist=good...droplets=not so good

Good luck on it...

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thoughts were something with the IP. Possibly the timing of the IP. Maybe you improved the IP so well it has to be advanced a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online