lmc headlight harness relay replacement

gatorman21218

Reaction score
SO the "Brights" took a crap on me. I know they sell replacement ones but they seem to be questionable in their quality. anybody ever upgraded to something better?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LMC uses some whacked relay. RJM better and uses a standard Bosche style relay...

Spend more get better the RJM seems to be the hot tamalle!

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
In a thread from last year ( http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?60372-lmc-headlight-relay-harness ), member LCAM-01XA revealed that a pair of ABS relays from Crown Vics fill the bill quite nicely. OEM 70 & 40 amp relays compared to cheap 15 amp LMC relays!

Have collected an LMC harness, ceramic sockets, Philips Extreme Powers, and a relay box from a Crown Vic. Been on the back burner, so can't report results yet. Wimpy LMC relays destined to become e-waste.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya the lmc relay is junk i put a standard bosch on mine works great now

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Go to www.partsexpress.com and order up a couple of Bosch relay plug in pigtails and a few waterproof 30 amp bosch type relays and grab a handful of crimp on blade connectors and make yourself some replacments, and from then on, you will simply be able to plug in a standard bosh relay ( although I recomend the waterproof ones as that is what gets LMCs relays is moisture ) Fairly easy to wire up, , but if you have trouble figuring out the pins, PM me and I'll go down and see how they hook up ( im kind of busy these days so I'm not just jumping out there)

gatorman21218

Reaction score
I should have ordered it sooner haha. my headlights stopped working all together last night. So I just ordered the RJM kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin