lmc HD headlight harness..

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I have a LMC relay kit here, and the wiring is 12 and 10 gauge. 12 for most of the wiring and 10 for the grounds. Kinda surprising that the grounds are bigger than the power wires?

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bosses son in law has a set of hid kits that came out of his prelude. Actually NCheek might even know him also being as he is from Orange. I'm going to try and get them off him after the first of the year. As to the cloudy lenses I use Meguiars plastic polish and a powerball in my drill on slow. It does an awesome job on the lights. I'll try to post pics after I get done doing the ones on the crew cab. As to the harness kit from LMC I have made them for years for folks usually for around 30 dollars but they are all 10 gauge you just have to plug the wires into the light bulb individually.

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
After reading all this info on this kit and the simplicity of installation, I just went and ordered the kit. When I get it, I'll get before and after pics, even though by the time I get to it, 5 people or so will already have pics loaded and everything. lol

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading all this info on this kit and the simplicity of installation, I just went and ordered the kit. When I get it, I'll get before and after pics, even though by the time I get to it, 5 people or so will already have pics loaded and everything. lol

Please do so, I'd like to see what's in that kit, as I really don't feel like messing with building a harness like that myself (I've done enough of those jobs already, lol)

zpd307

Reaction score
buy one or build one, it will save you from the headlight switch meltdown that is inevitable. the bonus is brighter headlights!

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
Well, I got he kit and it was easy to install. But I'm having some issues. First, I have no bright lights, I hit the dimmer switch and they go out. Next, they only work intermittently like sometimes they turn on and I can turn them off, and can turn them right back on, but sometimes they wont work at all......I'm stumped.

And the package it came in was kinda suspicious...things were misspelled, and the thing had more Chinese drawings than words.

Any help?

7.3IDIDSL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I got he kit and it was easy to install. But I'm having some issues. First, I have no bright lights, I hit the dimmer switch and they go out. Next, they only work intermittently like sometimes they turn on and I can turn them off, and can turn them right back on, but sometimes they wont work at all......I'm stumped.

And the package it came in was kinda suspicious...things were misspelled, and the thing had more Chinese drawings than words.

Any help?

Do you have any pictures of the kit you bought? I bought a headlight harness from DFUSER(click link). I figured it was the same kit LMC sold. My kit didnt have any mispelled words or chinesse drawing...I had it installed in about 10 minutes and it has worked great ever since.
You must be registered for see images

Heres a picture of the kit from dfuser.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
^^^ Yours is obviously for the newer style system being it has the different headlight plugs.

Farmboy, check to make certain you have good contact between your factory light plugs and the harness plugs. If you're getting good contact there, maybe replace the relays with better ones, not sure what brand is the best anymore, but the ones that come with the kit I'd imagine aren't the most expensive on the planet.
Its a pretty redundant system to be honest, the only possible problems you could have would be connection issues or relay issues.

7.3IDIDSL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ Yours is obviously for the newer style system being it has the different headlight plugs.

Farmboy, check to make certain you have good contact between your factory light plugs and the harness plugs. If you're getting good contact there, maybe replace the relays with better ones, not sure what brand is the best anymore, but the ones that come with the kit I'd imagine aren't the most expensive on the planet.
Its a pretty redundant system to be honest, the only possible problems you could have would be connection issues or relay issues.

Your right, My bad i didnt notice farmboys truck was a 85.