Lift pump thread size

va350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The previous owner cut the steel fuel line between the lift pump and the fuel filter and spliced it together with rubber fuel hose. Since there are no barbs on the steel lines these connections leak. I would like to replace with rubber fuel hose and barbed hose fitting. Does anyone know what size male threads fit in the lift pump? I bought a 3/8 NPT to 3/8 barb but it is a little too big. 1/4 NPT is too small. Also what size threads at the fuel filter?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a 3/8 inverted flare on pump. 1/4 npt on filter. They do make inv flare to hose adapters.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Russ aka typ4 clearly explained this messed up metal fitting factory idea. I never have figured out why they flared the bottom end but used a 3/8 pipe thread and then on the upper end they used the 1/4 inch pipe thread on the brass fitting with the olive in it. Almost like a basket of crap to make something work. Really would like a definition why this simple metal line has so many different fittings and thread sizes.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pump also fits gas engines, hence the inv flare, top has to flex for vibration failure prevention,hence the vibra loc fitting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online