What kind of fitting for injector pump inlet?

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to delete the filter on top of the engine in favor of filters under the cab. I'll use some 3/8 hose direct to the inlet. What fitting do I need to connect to the IP?

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s 5/16 ORB with 1/2-20 thread and then the other side of the fitting you choose whatever you want. In your case 3/8 barb if you can find it, I like to use -6 AN and then put a 90 degree 3/8 barb. If you don’t want to mess with this, Russ sells a hard line delete kit.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Russ and the others sell the kit, and if I were keeping the original filter housing that'd be the way to go. I want to delete that, so any of the kits are going to be a lot of money for the one piece I'd use.

BeastMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something like this puppy?

I've been considering moving my fuel filter too and adding an IP inlet fuel pressure sensor. Anyone know a good analog ( variable resistance or voltage output, not an idiot light switch ) diesel fuel pressure sensor. Must be 1/4" NPT and robust. I don't care what gauge its supposed to drive , as it will be driving an Arduino of my own design.

BeastMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks...looks like you might have got the last one... I now know how to ask for it.

You had the same thought I did. Leaks at the swivel. I am going to hose barbs anyway.

Glad I hadn't bought one yet...I don't think the one I found is the right one...maybe this one.

Thanks!

Last edited:

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to do this on your own, do yourself a favor and go -5 male ORB to -6 JIC male, then make your turn and hose connection with a corresponding hose fitting with a female swivel nut. Part number should be a 6-5 F5OX-S (I only speak Parker adapters).

If you really want to make it easy, buy the kit from Russ. He knows all these hydraulic rules and puts all the right parts in in one easy to order part number.

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score

He'll tailor the kit to include however much line and fittings you need. I like using swept 90's and not compact fittings, less flow issues.

McMaster Carr is a source that I use for random bits that I can't find anywhere else. They have warehouses in IL, OH, GA, CA, and NJ, so shipping is usually pretty quick to the lower 48.