LED taillights

chrisgrant91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 4 LED tail/brake lights...and with the key on the brake side is on faintly... hook up a regular bulb and that goes away they are completley off and the cruise works as it should...is this simply because the LEDS dont have enough resistance. the cruise works on and off and not at all with the lights on. somthing to do with this... i hook up my trailer with normal lights and the cruise works with the lights on... grounds seem to be good

NextENRG

Reaction score
need a resistor, im not sure what size. been trial and error for some of my past vehicles

shouldnt need much though just enough to turn it off. any more and your brake lights will be dim

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have LED tails as well and mine are on a little bit when it is idling, but not when the engine is off. I dont have a problem with my cruise though.

chrisgrant91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i know its the brakelight side because i have led clearance and they are off... and i also no that is what is messing with the cruise cause ive unhooked them and it works and ive tried things...im also thinking it simply needs a resistor

LanHarjochee

Reaction score
Can anyone find LED taillights for 03 ford focus 4 door?I've searched and googled my *** off trying to find led strip lights taillights for my 4dr 03 focus. I can only find it for the hatchback.LED Light Bars Since i can not have blue taillights (clearly been told by my fellow yahoo users) I want flexible led strip taillights.I can always count on yahoo users! dont let me down! cookoo

RavenTBK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My led tails are the same way. Slight easy glow with the engine running or key on, but not with the key off.

Doesn't hurt anything. No issues. No problem.