last minute stupid question!!!!

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
ive got my **** trans out of the truck today and the other one ready to go in but i need to put the front shaft seal in!! how the hell do i do this will it just pop in or do i need a tool,or do i have to tear it apart:confused:

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
sorry let me correct my mess up i just looked at the new seal and it has metal around it and the old seals metal is still in there do i just pray that out an tap the new on in?

7.3 powerstrok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the seal looks good not leaking and you have not replaced one before leave it be,if ...you need to replace it be sure you do not distort or damage the bushing behind it this bushing holds most of the fluid pressure if its worn or damaged the seal will leak new or old ..

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
i was told but manicmike the guy i got the trans from that it leaked and needed a new one i got the new one and the old seals rubber is gone but the metal is still there do i just pry it out and tap in the new one?

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
I HAVE A NEW ONE!!!!!!! how do i get the old one out and do i just tap the other in?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
You can pry the old seal out with a screw driver. Replace with the new seal. Be sure the seal seats evenly on the pump surface.

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
wow that took a while to get the answer for the question you asked !cookoo
keep up the good work, it will be great to see it back together

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the seal is the exact one in the pic.

When he says the rubber is gone, he is confused, the bushing has no rubber on it (upper bronze ring), the seal is the lower one off to the side. He just don't know the difference between a bushing and an oil seal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tony

Members online