Large Capacity rear fuel tank

Plowmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a monster and free shippins...I stink I paid 20 bucks more for the 20 galloon from crappa. How nice.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I ordered the 38 gallon plastic tank from LMC, it comes with an extension kit for the pick up tube so we'll see if that works or I might just braze an extension. I hope it fits an will take some pics and upload them if possible.

SIKPUP

Reaction score
I ordered the 38 gallon plastic tank from LMC, it comes with an extension kit for the pick up tube so we'll see if that works or I might just braze an extension. I hope it fits an will take some pics and upload them if possible.

I'll be doing this real soon , What Part numbers did you order ? I want to go plastic also !!

Masami

Reaction score
The F26 D and E have the same dimensions except the fill neck of the F26D has a baffle (?) that has to be removed. The F26E does not have this and usually costs about $25 more than the F26D. RockAuto sells both of these made by Spectra Premium and they both are of steel construction. They both appear to be of OEM quality. The tank comes with an install kit including longer mounting bolts, spacers, extension kit for extending the fuel pickup but not anything to modify the sender arm. The fuel pickup kit is a compression fitting and a piece of steel tubing.

Both tanks have the large sender hole. I think the year break is 1985 for the large hole tank and they fit up to 1996 and 1997 F-250 HD and F-350 but not the 1997 F-250 light duty SD style trucks. RockAuto lists this tank only under 1988 F-250 with 351 engine.

The sender can be modified by replacing the float arm with a piece of brazing rod bent to suit. The float end and the arm just clip into place.

The Bronco tank has a capacity of 32 gallons. One poster said he bought Jeff's Bronco Graveyard's 32 gallon sender and made it work with the F26E. P/N 30256A, about $76 shipped but just using brazing rod is a lot cheaper.

RockAuto F26E tank:

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1988,f-250,5.8l+351cid+v8,1124198,fuel+&+air,fuel+tank,6268

Last edited:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I received the 38 gallon tank from LMC, as it turn out it is Not made with plastic, it is a galvanized tank. I received mine with the extended mounting hardware kit a pick up seal and extensions for the pick up tubes. I brazed the extensions and installed the new tank with a new sending unit. I regret ordering it from LMC as this looks to be the same tank sold for $100 and the mounting hardware kit can be easily made with 1/2" galvanized pipe and longer #5 bolts. The hole point of ordering it through them was the plastic fuel tank which I remember seeing on their catalog and brought it up when ordering. I hope it lasts me another 20 years, lesson learned on that, I'm happy to have the additional fuel available.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance