Kill Switch: Ya or Na

SHARPIE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep,Very simple.

If you want to make then crap there pants hook it to an air horn, Just make sure all wiring is out of reach from below

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thankfull that nothing is physically damaged or missing on te truck. as far as i can tell they did not take my fuel.

For now i have locked both doors and discontected the elec connections on the IP. that is what i will be doing until i get an alarm system or kill switch.
That's about all you can do unfortunately. If someone really wanted to steal an IDI and knew anything about it they could do it with one wire, or even a coat hanger...
You can manually trigger glow plugs, starter, and the FSS all from under the hood. Wing windows are cake to open - i had to use my knife to open one once and you could'nt even tell I had done anything there. Or they'll stick a blade through the sliding rear glass to unlatch it or break the latch and get in that way.

Some alarms can detect motion on the vehicle, how stiff is your ride? I would get one and tune it so if you get into the cab/bed it goes off. But the wind could set it off too.

Rigging it up to an air horn sounds histerical, just get used to flipping that switch and never tell anyone or let them see you do it. Never know when a thief can be watching

Don't keep anything valuable in there that would upset you to lose.

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
I'm still open to any and all ideas guys.

I'll have $50,000 in tools in the van, parked at all kinds of places across the country. Without those tools, I can't make a living.

I can fabricate most anything. Right now I'm thinking of a steel clamshell that completely covers the steering wheel, using a high-security lock, and 3ft of thick-wall 2" square tube that secures the shell to the floor. The lock will be the same as used to secure nuclear weapons igloos in the USAF. Even a cutting torch couldn't do much damage.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still open to any and all ideas guys.

I'll have $50,000 in tools in the van, parked at all kinds of places across the country. Without those tools, I can't make a living.

I can fabricate most anything. Right now I'm thinking of a steel clamshell that completely covers the steering wheel, using a high-security lock, and 3ft of thick-wall 2" square tube that secures the shell to the floor. The lock will be the same as used to secure nuclear weapons igloos in the USAF. Even a cutting torch couldn't do much damage.
how about a little "ricer" tech?
it's a fact our trucks are easy to steal.
but a truck missing it's steering wheel makes the thief think a little more.
you will need to be religous in removing the wheel and putting on the spin collar. just make sure you put the wheel somewhere the thief won't take it just to spite you.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

http://www.racinglab.com/nrg-quick-lock-srk-101mb.html

do remember, your truck won't stand a chance in hell with an ******* like me and my towtruck:eek:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a very unique alarm system. Only people who come to the rally get to know how it works. LOL :)

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just rigged a new setup on my service truck after an attempted theft. I now have several relays in series on two key wires. Basically first relay is just wired normally with a toggle switch. Second has a pair of wires connected to the number 87 and 86 terminals. 86 has a pushbutton to initially excite it. Once power is established through the relay power from 87 goes through a diode to 86 to keep the relay energized. Once either the first relay is shut down or the key is shut off second relay is dead till pushbutton is pressed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance