Kalashnikov's Tow Pig and DD build thread

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said, I plan on plating the frame. I specifically checked there when I bought the truck but since it was on the inside I wasn't able to tell. I had 2 F150s with a lot worse frame rot that never had and catastrophic issues driving them around for a little while longer. The frame is still very solid, especially between the hitch, spring hanger and bumper all reinforcing the area.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well these are some great pics and explanations to go with pics. I like the detail to the small stuff too. Glad its up and running well now. Boosting up where you are and plan to be may shorten the life of the head gaskets without head studs. But that not a bad job after all the work you have done. Your rig is very nice looking too. I really like the swing out mirrors. The addition of an aluminum radiator was a very good idea. Those that have never installed one can't imagine the benefits till they do it.

I do plan to add studs to it eventually. I'd like to rebuild the turbo engine but I haven't even cracked into it to see how bad it is. There mirros SUCK! They always move and are so loose on the mounts. This is the second set I've had. I pulled them off my 95. The rot out from the inside. I want to get a set of westcoasts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US