Just so you know...You're all drivng Powerstrokes

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
At least if they build our trucks in Mexico -we don't have to pay for education - food stamps - medical & housing while they tak our jobs. cookoo LOL

fischer1399

Reaction score
Why the hell Ford didn't build the 6.7 in Lima OH is beyond me. Here we sit with an almost empty 2.5 million square foot building. 2000+ people layed off. Ohio with 10.7 unemployment. :mad:

all money based. i drive by there almost every week on the way to UNOH and there is never anything goin on there. it would be nice to see this country go back to the way it was years ago. more blue collar, and less of the white collar executives.

George_7.3IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The unfortunate thing in my opinion though is that the newest ford diesel power plant does not come with the option for a standard transmission... Although I must say that it seems as though the automatics nowadays are built a bit more rugged from the factory than the autos from the IDI generation era. Despite this currently I'd prefer the flexibility of choosing which gear I want to be in at any given time... just my personal choice. I do however reserve my right to change my opinion at a later date.

George

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Americans are too lazy, forget possibly burning a few calories throwing around a shifter and pressing a clutch. Make 4 cupholders in the front hell yeah! Now I can put my XXL diet dr. Pepper along side my cup shaped XXL french fry holder, ohh ohh big flat dash works good for setting my triple baconator on while I turn on my blinker! On second thought there's not enough room for a shifter. :rotflmao

-Jon

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw some one in an OBS dodge cummins the other day in one of the busiest parts of my trip (4 lanes both ways and a crapload of merging going on) turns his signal on to change to the left lane a couple cars in front of me......and then drifts into the right lane with the LHS blinker still going for a mile after that. Proof that there are still some good drivers left because they saw him coming and nothing happened.

No idea if it was manual or auto in that truck but if it matters I was cruisin' in the diesel ranger at the time which is stick shift. I agree that you are much more in tune with the vehicle with a manual transmission and you are forced to plan ahead in traffic. Its night and day driving my truck then going to the ranger or saturn (saturn is manual steering to boot).

First of all awareness of pedals is the FIRST thing you lean when driving stick. Get it wrong and you stall with half the other drivers honking at you. Get the pedal wrong with an auto transmission in todays high HP vehicles and you are going to move before you know what happened. This is more true for those that have never learned stick shift and simply follow their noses while driving. Then you have the folks that are driving auto with both feet and we wonder why some one drives their car through the front door of a corner store.

I'm sure the ABS, ESP and more recently automatic threat avoidance (slams the brakes for you) will make the roads soooooo much safer for the dwindling number of drivers that are super human in their ability to stay alive without those bells and wistles.

Aw crap, I'm ranting again....