Just bought a hypermax system

bjorkmae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I just bought a used hypermax turbo kit with a full 4" exhaust. I tried installing it last night and discovered that there isn't enough clearance between the firewall and engine for the down pipe that was included to fit. So I am going to do a 2" body lift and hope that takes care of the issues.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you read my article over on TDS? I did a headgasket/turbo article over there that addresses that problem. The key is to install the downpipe before you put in the turbo, which is the opposite of how the instructions tell you to do it.

bjorkmae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I didn't. Could you give me the link please. I have the conventional turbo not the pulse turbo. I bought it used and was told it was a banks turbo so sent my wife to pick it up since I was working and when she got home I found out it was a hypermax conventional turbo. I only paid $500 for the kit including a pyro gauge and boost gauge, full banks exhaust, etc. Anyway it looks like the conventional system is only designed for the vans. Do you know where I can get the installation manual for this kit because the banks manual is completely off.