JP8 Jet Fuel

DeeseSR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about running JP8 in a 7.3 IDI. We run it in all of our diesels at work. And since we sample all the aircraft every day I can get a couple gallons a day for free. Any advice would e great. Thanks

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
DeeseSR said:
I was wondering about running JP8 in a 7.3 IDI. We run it in all of our diesels at work. And since we sample all the aircraft every day I can get a couple gallons a day for free. Any advice would e great. Thanks

I would say that if you run it in the diesels at work.........then the IDI should handle the juice as well! :thumbsup:
ONLY thing i would be concerned about is if it has any alcohol in it, if it does the alcohol will eventually get to the seals and cause extra wear.

I have run almost 100% biodiesel in mine with no problems.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know in the US mil publications that there is a difference between JP4 and JP8. I think civilian commercial jets run JP4. UAL feeds their ground trucks the same stuff for the entire service life. If you follow the multifeul rule of thumb of no less than 50% road diesel, you will not have to worry about retiming your pump or adjusting the screw on the side of the pump. All series of JP feuls have a lower energy content than diesel, so compensation needs to be made.

crane opertor

Reaction score
I worked in iraq last year and we ran jp8 in our powerstrokes but they did not like low power .when we put #2 in they ran alot better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online