Jimmy Cone

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
There we were, bound for the Jimmy Cone, running along I695 at 65 or so mph, everything OK, even the A/C pumping out copious amounts of cooled, refreshing air.
Bump, bump---uh, oh....lost the power steering. OK, keep on to Jimmy Cone, I can put up with heavy steering. A/C vents just shifted all by themselves, hmmmm. Woo, there goes the temp gauge to "HOT".

I signal and start for the shoulder. The gauge hits "H" as I reach the shoulder and turn it off. A wisp of steam from the front of the hood.

Lost every belt except the vacuum pump/alternator. No A/C, no PS no Alt, No Water pump.

Having just cleaned out the truck, I had very few tools, and only one belt. The alt/ water pump. I got it on, but then did not have the 10mm socket for the vacuum pump adjustment. I tried a crescent wrench--hah!, I tried the vice grips--also hah!
I ended up using a hammer to drive the adjusting plate enough to tighten the belt. We resumed the trip, but made a U turn and returned to Bel Air as I did not feel it was wise to increase the distance from home with only one belt running the water pump, and no tools or spares.

I even had Deezlewax's books and CDs---send me your snail mail address and I will return them

Sorry I missed you all--I really wanted you to see my truck now that the body work and interior work is done.

deezlwex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I even had Deezlewax's books and CDs---send me your snail mail address and I will return them

Michael, you have a PM.

We all had a great time, and sorry to hear about your truck trouble. Glad you got home OK.

A nice night, with some very nice rides, good ice cream, and good camraderie. ;Sweet

Scott

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were there until after 9pm. Half the cars had left by then. We wondered where a few of you were. Michael, too bad you didn't give us a call. We had access to an open autoparts store right across the road. We could have made a service call!

BUbbas94F350

Reaction score
First time'r

Thanks to everyone for such a nice first time. I hope there will be more get togethers in the future its so nice to go see, find out, understand what our trucks, people, families, and friends are all about. Thanks again mel, I limped home slowwwwly.

See You all soon,
Bubba

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agnem said:
We were there until after 9pm. Half the cars had left by then. We wondered where a few of you were. Michael, too bad you didn't give us a call. We had access to an open autoparts store right across the road. We could have made a service call!

is there two jimmie cones? i was up there but didnt see any idi trucks :(

BUbbas94F350

Reaction score
there is one further down 27 in ....cant think of the city near germantown.
we were at the one in MT. Airy just off 70 . sort of in front of ace hardware to the right of food lion

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
As usual I was a no-show. Spoke with Mel & said I was coming. Spoke with Joey & said I was coming. I had just returned from the beach & the truck ran great. Parked in the driveway, took care of the pooch, talked the wife over the bridge with reassuring words via cell phone & headed out the door. Got in the truck & no start. Lost it's prime.....AGAIN. I took every freakin' cap off every injector, cleaned them all (the o-rings), & re-installed. Now it runs fine. I must have knocked them around some during the R&R of the IP. That's the 3rd time I've had to mess with them but only fixed what needed attention each time. Not this time :backoff . Got 'em ALL.

Sorry I didn't call anyone to say I wasn't coming, but I was in no frame of mind to speak with another human.

I mean how many times can you re-bruise the same areas on your cheat & stomach laying on a hood latch in 1 week? Oh, & add severe sun burn to the mix on this go-around. I actually cried, tears and all, working on the #7 & #8 injectors. I look like a freakin' lobster. Maybe the next local event. :rolleyes:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like we'd have had twice as many if those who said they were coming actually made it. That would have been quite a group. It was nice having a decent turn out anyway. I enjoyed the evening quite a bit. Good to have Bubba there, and posting here. Diagnosing his bad U joint was a worthy contribution to the brotherhood for the evening, and I'm sure many would have gotten a kick out of seeing me diagnosing an oil leak on a power stork. LOL

pafixitman

Reaction score
Scott, tbird and Michael, I wondered what happened to you guys!

I saw two Panteras so I was a happy camper! :rolleyes: Good to see the old faces and meet some new!

BTW Mel, who owned the super duty? I know I have met him before (at my house!) but cannot place a real or screen name!