I've got my own 99 won't start problem now.

oregon-mike

Reaction score
Hey all,
Don't post much up here unless I'm working on Rose's truck...here I am again :D

Went through donnie4720's post below and got some good info. I didn't want to pollute his thread with my own stuff so started a new thread.

Truck:
99 F350, crew cab dually, 4x2. 255k on it.

Situation:
I've been trying to sell the truck for Rose for the last few months. I've used it off & on for yard debris type stuff and haven't had any issues with it starting at all. About 4 weeks ago a guy rear-ended it while it was parked on the street. Didn't do much damage to the Ford...about $5k to his Toyota though ;Really Got the insurance $, put a new tail light assy in and all's well...except now it won't start.

What I've done:
Batteries are good, terminals are good, fuel pump is running (inertia switch was bypassed by someone somewhere along the line), oil level is good, CPS seems to be working, shows 100+ RPM while cranking, oil pressure builds while cranking.

Poking around today I found (after reading through donnie4720's post) the IPR solenoid lying in the valley. No nut to be seen. I tried unplugging the electrical on the IPR per oldbull8's post but it's still not starting.

I suppose in the 4 weeks it's sat the oil in the HPOP reservoir could have drained. I only crank for 10-15 seconds at a time (I have it on a charger at the moment to make sure I'm keeping the battery voltage up).

I'm not sure where to go next :dunno Dig around in the valley & try to locate the nut for the IPR & get that put back on would probably be a good start. See if I can find a replacement one in town if not.

Thanks in advance for any ideas. I'll be keeping an eye on donnie4720's thread as well as we have similar issues.

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
What is an IPR? and where is it?

The Injector Pressure Regulator (IPR) controls the oil bypass circuit of the high pressure oil pump. The ECU controls fuel delivery to the injectors by increasing/decreasing the IPR 'duty cycle' which increases/decreases fuel pressure through the injectors.

It's located on the lower driver's side rear of the HPOP, under the fuel bowl. To replace it, one must remove the fuel bowl

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Itwill run without the ipr nut.just push the solenoid all the way forward.you can use a zip tie to hold it in place if you can't find the spacer and nut.

Have you checked all the fuses? Does the wts light come on? Although its more common for the obs trucks, the fuel heater can short out and pop the ecm fuse.

oregon-mike

Reaction score
Itwill run without the ipr nut.just push the solenoid all the way forward.you can use a zip tie to hold it in place if you can't find the spacer and nut.

Have you checked all the fuses? Does the wts light come on? Although its more common for the obs trucks, the fuel heater can short out and pop the ecm fuse.

Thanks for that tip ;Sweet I put it on with a zip tie, was admiring my handywork with a flashlight (actually making sure it was tight :D) and saw the nut on the bottom of the valley pan. I dug around in there earlier but couldn't find it. Must have knocked it loose in my initial digging.

I put it on the direction that made sense, with the electrical plug facing towards the rear, put the nut on & she fired right up :thumbsup:

It must have gotten knocked off in the collision I guess cookoo

Thanks all!

Now I can get this thing posted on CL. I'll post an ad here too in case anybody's interested.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Staff online