It's been fun while it lasted...

unclehoser

Old dog, new tricks
Reaction score
They let dirt/dust through.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Hmmm...I was always led to believe that they did exactly the opposite, and increased airflow at the same time. That was why everyone loved them so much! What other options are available? I have most, but not all, of the OEM airbox/filter assembly.

TNX!
D

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
What the hell is "stiction"??? I'm kinda new to this...!!!

Stiction is a condition in HEUI injectors where the spool valve in the injector sticks when cold (cold start, not just when the ambient temperature is cold) due to the bores where the valve slides becomes highly polished. This is common in the 6.0. Symptoms are somewhat hard start, rough idle/ low on power until a bit of heat is built in the heads. White smoke when cold..

Products like Rev-X and Archoil help to counter the stiction. I've used Rev-X with good results.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
No, but it can happen. But I think the 7.3's have a return spring for the shuttle, the 6.0's do not.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I've used hot shots secret stiction eliminator in the past and noticed a difference.
Now I'm running a better oil and saw no issues this past winter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

unclehoser

Old dog, new tricks
Reaction score
Stiction is a condition in HEUI injectors where the spool valve in the injector sticks when cold (cold start, not just when the ambient temperature is cold) due to the bores where the valve slides becomes highly polished. This is common in the 6.0. Symptoms are somewhat hard start, rough idle/ low on power until a bit of heat is built in the heads. White smoke when cold..

Products like Rev-X and Archoil help to counter the stiction. I've used Rev-X with good results.

I live in the hottest point in the USA...so far 'cold' starts aren't a problem. The coldest start I've had in the last 6 days I've been driving this beast to work was at 37* ambient temp. Started and ran like a top. I DO want to run the best oil possible, since that's a major factor in diesel longevity. This truck has 2K on the clock, and I intend to drive it for at least that again! And, it is a 7.3 (2002) Powerstroke, not a 6.0. We have two 6.0 Fords at work that are nothing but trouble. I stayed away from them for a reason!

Thanks for the clarification!

Cheers...
D

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Not all 6.0's are bad....... I've had mine going on 10 years..... and I've had more problems with the rest of the truck, not the engine...... engine has been FICM and Alternator (which is what caused the FICM to fail) and water pump...... Right now, it ball joints and the rest of the front end needs love...... I wouldn't hesitate to buy another 6.0

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AEM dryflow FTW no oil messing up sensors
<_< On an IDI, what sensors are these exactly? :p
(On a PS motor, yeah, I can see it possibly being an issue. On an IDI, where you are already dumping plenty of oil into the intake from the CDR... and no sensors either?)

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Yeah but hey unfortunately there are other engines besides the IDI. And the OP did buy an 02 PStroke which may or may not have sensors in the intake (I don't know) and so hey was just speaking in generalities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance