issues

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
Leaveing work today i did not warm up my truck much.(about 2 or 3 min) seeing as my forman was waitng at the gate.
Well to cut to the chase when i first pulled out the road the tranny would shift really hard and between shifts rev really high(like a false neutral) then slam into gear. after the next stop light it worked perfectly.

i had no codes and no idea about these e4od's haha ive done a little reasearch but no cigar. anyone have any similar experiences?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be some o-rings or seals that are a little stiff and leaky when cold. I usually don't recommend any type of snake oils, but I have tried and believe in the Lucas "tranny fix" It's $12 for a little bottle, but this stuff really seems to make a difference in trannies that have slight problems.

Before you do that though, check the fluid on the stick. Make sure it's bright red or pink. If it's a really dark maroon or brown, I would change it first.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2 on the Lucas stuff. It's really good a smoothing out a trans that's a little rough. Won't work miracles but it does make a difference.

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
Thanks for the repies guys! guess i will be trying that additive in seeing as my buddie had similar luck. The help is much appreciated

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah; that Lucas stuff swells all the piston seals. The only thing bad about it is, whenever you change fluid you have to keep using the Lucas or the seals will leak again, if that was/is the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin