is my flexplate broken?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually changed the pump on my 90 by just sliding the tranny back. Lost all the pics on webshots.

that's extremely dangerous.back before chip trucks oem '93 trans failed,i slid her's back and removed it's trans and pump in the same manner,so as to mod the pump with transgo's boost valve.
when you pull the pump,there is nothing to hold the coast clutch assembly in place and mine fell out.what a ****** lining that mess back up! lol.
so long as you've got the tail end pointed downward at a steep pitch,the gears will stay in.i learned that one the hard way lol.
luckily i don't need to mess with the pump this time.just down and back a bit will indeed get me right there.
i guess i should get out there and start tearing into her......just one more cup of coffee to think about it a bit more first.:D

it's actually decent out today! in the 50's.bizarre for this time of year......but i'll take it!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, nothing like working outside in the cold on your back, as you know the TC is damn heavy. A short bungee cord keeps the TC in it's place. It's 59*F and raining here.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so i got her in place and ready for action.removed the inspection cover and grabbed the drop light..........no doubt about it.she's cracked right around the inside.what a racket this makes when running.first time iv experienced a cracked flexplate before.

anywho.out she comes for trans pull #6 lol.the log truck show will be on tonight.stay tuned.:D

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...ot-Log-Truck-quot-(new-to-me-truck-pic-heavy)

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FORDF250HDXLT I realy feal for you, I've had to pull mine 3 times so far (knock on wood)... but that was enough.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
FORDF250HDXLT I realy feal for you, I've had to pull mine 3 times so far (knock on wood)... but that was enough.

at least it's warm out though so it wasn't bad at all......still a messy job but oh well.i don't mind it too much.

this thread will be concluded here,for future folks who search and pop into this thread.i don't wanna leave ya hanging.so go here:
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...uck-pic-heavy)&p=881983&viewfull=1#post881983

thank you all for help and confirmation.i appreciate it guys.;Sweet

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online