ip fuel adjustment..

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, i just switched out my ip pump and the one that was on there (assuming original one) the fuel was turned all the way up, any reasons this would be done? i had no smoke with the banks kit..could this of been done because the pump was getting weaker and weaker? almost got the other pump installed, just gotta bleed lines. any input?

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it were a healthy pump wouldnt turning it up all the way over fuel it and pour black smoke out?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well since it had a turbo...I think they turned it up. As these pumps age they run more retarted and lack power. So they turned it up to compensate. I think that a new pump with proper timing and pump maxed out would put out some good smoke. Especially since it takes some time to spool up a non gated turbo.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My motor smokes with the Moose pump setup the way I bought it. My wastegated Banks turbo can't feed enough air even at 12 lbs of boost... It still smokes. Its not lots but its there....

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it were a healthy pump wouldnt turning it up all the way over fuel it and pour black smoke out?

Nah. My two IP prior to the DPS unit, were maxed and did not poor smoke at all. I get more with the max DPS IP, but it is still mostly a grey haze after the turbo starts making boost.

Heath