International or Motorcraft H20 pump?

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm starting to collect parts to overhaul my cooling system. I have read that the Motorcraft waterpumps are better than some of the other brands. Has anyone tried a waterpump from International. I called Riverview International in Sacramento and they have one in stock for $78. I called Ford and they wanted $95. I'm not worried about the cost difference. I just want the most reliable pump.

I have already installed a coolant filter and plan on replacing the radiator, all the belts, thermostat (Motorcraft or International?), hoses, and vacuum pump while I'm in there.

Thanks for any advice,

Archie

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
When you consider the engine is made by IH so Ford has to get all the IH specific hard parts from IH, , if you get it at the Ford dealer , you are paying $17 more for them to put it in a different box.
Get the IH pump and smile all the way to the bank. Just make sure that they give you one for a ford Pickup and not just one for an IDI because the non pickup version has a fan clutch mounting setup that takes 4 bolts like most cars, and the pickups take the big monster single reverse thread center nut to mount

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there are less expensive water pumps out there, but I don't want to do this job again any time soon because of poor quality. I'm thinking I will go down and take a look at the pump at International and make sure it is for a pickup.

Thanks for everyones replies,

Archie

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really, i plan on making a sizeable order and for $37 ill order one for a spare.

Starting to feel like icanfixall but my spare reside next door, not in my truck LOL

i got 4 and they look real good.