Instrument cluster swap

rclay

Class C E350 7.3L
Reaction score
I have a Class C motorhome w/ E350 Chassis. It has the 7.3L w/ Banks non-wastegated Turbo package (3" Banks exhaust and Transcommand). My trip meter button is broken and half the lights do not work. I would like a tach and found a 1993 F350 Diesel instrument cluster and want to know if this would be a simple swap. I assume I will have to run a wire from the tach sensor (on the IP) to the cluster. Are the rest of the pins on the harness the same? Does someone have a schematic or wiring diagram for the two clusters? Any help would be greatly appreciated. What about speedo programming? Thanks.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC Eric (yaric008) has done this swap...if he doesn't reply to this thread, you may try sending him a PM. I seem to recall him saying that it wasn't that difficult, but I don't remember for sure...

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I have a Class C motorhome w/ E350 Chassis. It has the 7.3L w/ Banks non-wastegated Turbo package (3" Banks exhaust and Transcommand). My trip meter button is broken and half the lights do not work. I would like a tach and found a 1993 F350 Diesel instrument cluster and want to know if this would be a simple swap. I assume I will have to run a wire from the tach sensor (on the IP) to the cluster. Are the rest of the pins on the harness the same? Does someone have a schematic or wiring diagram for the two clusters? Any help would be greatly appreciated. What about speedo programming? Thanks.

What year is your truck that you want to put the 93 cluster in to?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I swapped a 89 interior and gauges and dash into my 86, i assume the 93 will be about the same, except the speedometer

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I thought the van and truck clusters were very different? It would be possible to take a tach and make a housing for it and mount it like an accessory gauge.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
The van clusters are pretty different in the older van, but it seems like in the 92 and up vans they are the same, or close to the truck