innercooler piping.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine was made with 3 inch tubing, I want to drop it down to 2 1/4 for better low rpm boost.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can be painted with radiator paint (oil filled househould type radiators) or any flat black. Did it to the SRT-4 with a massive aftermarket intercooler with zero change between ambient and charge air temp differences, even on drag runs. Rock chips may ding it up a bit... use black gutter guard mesh behind the grille to protect it.
You must be registered for see images

whats she run?

mine was made with 3 inch tubing, I want to drop it down to 2 1/4 for better low rpm boost.
glad i was talked out of 3"

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats she run?

7.9 in the 1/8th, don't remember exact mph but it was around 90. Wouldn't pull a decent 60' (1.8 or so) being fwd, even with slicks. Laid down more torque than our IDI's but couldn't make it useful. Good learning testbed though, had plenty of mods. Dyno runs proved that a completely unrestrictive exhaust was worth about 12 horse.

Pic was more to show proof that I ran a spraypainted intercooler with zero measurable performance degradation... ;burnout

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a bad looking car!! I tried my stang on the track and couldn't get a good launch on a barely over stock stall converter. Nosed through the beams and red lit holding the brakes and spinning up to 1200 rpm. Bleh. Pulled a high 9 in the 1/8th, not bad for my daily gasser/weekend cruiser.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i really need to get back on that thing.
shes got a 13:1 400 now, and a ST-10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online