inline IP?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
No one really knows. Perhaps they will last?

I would error on the side of them not lasting as long as a regular DB2. But maybe we are wrong who knows. I would definatly be weary of running one on a DD if I didnt have a backup rig.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys know I've been telling you this all along right? These price and performance points are well known, and what I've been offering with the Super Moose. I'm glad to know Ken's pricing is in line with what I would have to charge. A 150CC pump is a track pump. Not suitable for the street in a DB2 model.
Haven't talked to Ken at all, but I'm guessing its a 4-plunger db2, not a db4..?

Stanadyne themselves claim up to 40hp per cylinder is possible with the pumps :dunno

The Super Moose was supposedly around 120-130CC I thought, though no one ever bought one AFAIK :dunno.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't talked to Ken at all, but I'm guessing its a 4-plunger db2, not a db4..?

Stanadyne themselves claim up to 40hp per cylinder is possible with the pumps :dunno

The Super Moose was supposedly around 120-130CC I thought, though no one ever bought one AFAIK :dunno.

The 40hp that Stanadyne estimates might be at the crank I would think. Idk though. And yeah I heard that the Super Moose is good for 120cc too.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Super Moose has never been purchased, it is true. So the actual output is basically up to the one who orders it. 120CC is a longer lasting version than a 150CC would be. At these larger flow rates, the line diameter and injector body diameter start to become a possible issue. The hydrolocking that was mentioned is due in part to the injector line restriction. Any DB2 built to deliver this kind of flow is a cheap solution to a different, more "able bodied" if you'll excuse the pun, pump. This is one reason why nobody has one yet. When you compare the price point/longevity/streetability/HP of what a normal Moose Pump equipped truck can provide versus a truck built to run a Super Moose, making it your daily driver starts to be kinda dumb.

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I started this thread cause it is possible to get a 400hp daily driver. over,tge road trucks do it all day. I think an inline will be the ultimate. brackets, adapters, and gears are a easy one time purchase. especially if I can get a pump to deliver 200cc for more than 100,000! it will be more than worth it to me!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
gingrass... An open road rig engine is much larger than our engine and they are direct injection too. Just the piston diameter and stroke mkes then much more capible of the 400 hp than our engines. If you stop and think about what most otr truck engines are you will see most are the inline 6 cylinders because that type engine makes way more torque than a V8 does. Its ture that we can make 400 hp in our engines but it also depends on where you want to see that hp. Is it at the crank or the rear wheels bucause that makes a big differance. Most hp ratings are at the crank and very few are at the rear wheels. One has to tell you where said hp is taken at before you really know how to interpet it.....

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really plan for 400 @ crank that should give me 320+ @ wheels and yes piston size does matter but for efficiency piston size is irrelevant. all you need is the right amount of fuel and air to support your cams sweet spot! & direct injection hasnt been around forever and we have seen good power for years out of mechanical setups

Black dawg

Reaction score
The valves open into the cylinder bores, a bigger bore (piston size) allows easier flow past the valves.

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes this is true and our engines are good for 900cfm with no mods! thats alot of flow are top end needs nearly nothing to support 400+

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really plan for 400 @ crank that should give me 320+ @ wheels and yes piston size does matter but for efficiency piston size is irrelevant. all you need is the right amount of fuel and air to support your cams sweet spot! & direct injection hasnt been around forever and we have seen good power for years out of mechanical setups

I swear I've read that before. For some reason, it's like deja vu. Very fimilar.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I swear I've read that before. For some reason, it's like deja vu. Very fimilar.

LOL

Heath

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds similar to that IDI that just made 400hp/800tq at the crank a couple weeks ago...

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score

It's been used in diesel engines longer than indirect injection.