inline IP?

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i just did some searching and i am finding it is hard to get information about these pumps out of people. and i cant really find just a place where they will let a private person buy there products online atleast. i will have to go into a couple dealerships this next weekend and see what they can tell me...i just really believe i can find a factory injection pump off something that will make a fair amount of fuel at a fair price??? i know the db4 is getting worked out but i dont want to wait for nnmb2 to get 100,000 miles in!!! i looked at my truck yesterday and will be bringing it home this wednesday so build starts now pretty much

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you seen prices on any of those pumps at all? There has also got to be some place that will sell one to you.

What would you do to fit it with your intake manifold? Would you make a new one?

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes If I end up finding a pump that is cost effective too my needs I will definitely build my own manifold cause it will pay in the long run. if not I guess I will settle and eat 1200?!?! I get my truck wednesday than the fun starts its gonna be about a month before I get to start doing my fab work cause I have I have to buy a new welder I sold mine last summer. not smart. and uve never had a cylinder sleeved. hoping some one can chime in and tell me if they have ever had any,problems with them!!! im getting all 8 done just Incase

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
done right they will be fine. just make sure they use the hardened iron sleeves. if they mention loctite , find another shop, the correct way is .0005 press fit,warm block frozen sleeve with a lip left at the bottom of the bore to stop at.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more thing I didn't see mentioned........the weight of P-pumps. They are big pumps and are much heavier than the DB2. Not weighed them both, but I can if needed, but I'd say the 8 cylinder P-pump is 4 or more times heavier. Plus, it is much longer (more mechanical advantage than the short DB2).

The reason I bring it up is....... the stock cast aluminum IP gear cover may not be strong enough to safely support that long heavy pump. My concern is that a good bump in the road will break the gear housing and cause a big problem. Notice the Hypermax engine posted earlier had a custom gear cover. There may be other support under the pump that can't be seen in the photos as well.

Heath

Last edited:

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more thing I didn't see mentioned........the weight of P-pumps. They are big pumps are are much heavier than the DB2. Not weighed them both, but I can if needed, but I'd say the 8 cylinder P-pump is 4 or more times heavier. Plus, it is much longer (more mechanical advantage than the short DB2).

The reason I bring it up is....... the stock cast aluminum IP gear cover may not be strong enough to safely support that long heavy pump. My concern is that a good bump in the road will break the gear housing and cause a big problem. Notice the Hypermax engine posted earlier had a custom gear cover. There may be other support under the pump that can't be seen in the photos as well.

Heath

good point heath I will havr,to take that into account with manifolds design build a coyote rear supports

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting side note on the DB hybrid pump... I spoke with Ken 2 days ago w/ unrelated questions (wanted to confirm what PSI would be suggested for fuel pressure on my pump) Anyway we got onto the subject of the new pumps he was making. He flat out said he didn't want anyone putting this new pump on anything other their "fun" truck as reliability is still a really big question. Also he said 135cc is what they comfortably put out, 150cc is the pump maxxed out. Anything above 150cc and he said they've seen the pump actually hydrolock.
Point of mentioning it is I despise internet folklore. I REALLY hope the pump turns out to be reliable for anything more than a "fun truck" as if it does I'll have one. In the mean time anyone thinking this pump is the way to go on their daily driver should know the potential consequences while the pump integrity remains unknown.
Lastly, anyone that reads into my posts about said pump as bashing or poo-pooing it outta look in my signature as to what pump I have and then rethink their perception of my motive.

Hey I just talked to Ken today and he told me that the 150cc pumps would be $1500. Idk what the $1200 price is from but that is what I was told. He also told me like you also stated that the Db4 is a race pump and Justin has also said this too. But the Db4 on Justin's is the only one that had been put on a DD thus far and Ken thinks it is looking positive as far as reliabilty goes. Overall longterm reliability is still unknown but it is looking good on his pump. Ken also told me that he didn't think 150cc was the absolute max on these pumps and that there can be more fuel had from these pumps...

wmoguy

Reaction score
Hey I just talked to Ken today and he told me that the 150cc pumps would be $1500. Idk what the $1200 price is from but that is what I was told. He also told me like you also stated that the Db4 is a race pump and Justin has also said this too. But the Db4 on Justin's is the only one that had been put on a DD thus far and Ken thinks it is looking positive as far as reliabilty goes. Overall longterm reliability is still unknown but it is looking good on his pump. Ken also told me that he didn't think 150cc was the absolute max on these pumps and that there can be more fuel had from these pumps...

Sweet ill make you a deal: I'll buy you a db4 for 1200 and sell it to you for 1400 and save you 100 bucks. :rotflmao

wmoguy

Reaction score
LOL I'm thinking I could make a little side cash brokering his pumps. :rotflmao

All kidding aside, with a little more miles on them, and pending results are good I'll probably upgrade to one. I'd even settle for a 135cc model if it helped longevity and reliability. 250-265 rwhp would be a BIG improvement over stock IMO and more than enough to move any load I'd be playing with

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys know I've been telling you this all along right? These price and performance points are well known, and what I've been offering with the Super Moose. I'm glad to know Ken's pricing is in line with what I would have to charge. A 150CC pump is a track pump. Not suitable for the street in a DB2 model.

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys know I've been telling you this all along right? These price and performance points are well known, and what I've been offering with the Super Moose. I'm glad to know Ken's pricing is in line with what I would have to charge. A 150CC pump is a track pump. Not suitable for the street in a DB2 model.

how long would you say a 150cc db2 is good for? this also is another reason for looking into inline ips!! and I know ive read somewhere what the super moose would push but can't find it anywhere. so what is the max these pumps are good for streetable? and what does the super moose push

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online