inline IP?

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think it wouldnt be hard to adapt an inline pump to our engine?!?! anyone know of any old tractors with 8 plunger ips or maybe over the road stuff

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
9.0 litre international v8. and it gonna be harder than you think. btdt. need full free access to a good machine shop and gear maker.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep but with a little tape measure woork a while back, its gonna take some special castings and such. IF it turns the right way, never got it so didnt go further, but I do have a buddy that makes gears now though.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Custom intake...it's already been done a few times! For me, that would be the easy part! lol

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would need a custom intake. Hypermax used an inline pump on their famed IDI build. They used a custom tubular intake. Scheid Diesel has shorter V style inline pump that might fit easier (but not easy).
You must be registered for see images

Heath

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that vtype looks like it would be better just cause its got a short nose runninh the lives and timing will be easy just time consuming im not looking for anything insane I just looking for about 200cc that would be plenty and an idi should be fine at 350 to the wheel I like thought of a super moose but if I ever had to replace it that would kill the pockets so im looking for a solution on a good flowing pump

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that vtype looks like it would be better just cause its got a short nose runninh the lives and timing will be easy just time consuming im not looking for anything insane I just looking for about 200cc that would be plenty and an idi should be fine at 350 to the wheel I like thought of a super moose but if I ever had to replace it that would kill the pockets so im looking for a solution on a good flowing pump

That pump puts out insane fuel. The style may be better suited, but the pump is designed for 7.3 PSD's that have been converted to mechanical injection........... pulling trucks. Don't know the specs, but it is intended for the "SuperPro" pulling class.:eek:

Heath

Last edited:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
depending on the input shaft size why could we not convert the current gear to interface with the inline pump. i realize the factory intake would be ditched and new injector lines would be necissary but it sounds feasable with an adapter. i would be curious to see the mounting side of an inline pump.

sassyrel

Reaction score
Would need a custom intake. Hypermax used an inline pump on their famed IDI build. They used a custom tubular intake. Scheid Diesel has shorter V style inline pump that might fit easier (but not easy).
You must be registered for see images

Heath

DANG!!! nice looking chunk of aluminum!!!!

sassyrel

Reaction score

please space your sentences with something.. it makes it very hard to read otherwise.

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya hypermax makes a kit for psds that utilizes a timing cover and gear identical to what we have but like stated it puts out 1000ccs of fuel thats why I was thinking maybe done old agriculture equipment or industrial?

Last edited: