injectors????

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking in the post here and on other forums and have read about different "series" of injectors. The most common one I'm reading about is the "bb" inj. I've got a "d series" inj in my idi. What are the differences in these inj's is one better for performance and one for economy?

Maybe this is a newb post but the only info I've found indepth is that I've got "bb's" or as found in the hall of shame the guy didn't send him "bb's" like he originally had stated.

So what's the deal with the different "series" of injectors.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
From my understanding there really isnt that much difference in the injector codes, if i remember right g code injectors which is the injectors that came in the factory turbo engines are just bb with a higher pop pressure, everyone seems to preffer bb injectors, well i should be getting some new bb's here in a few days i hope it fixes my problem im all excited about it:DLOL

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They originally made different one for different pressures/emissions. BB are the only ones readily available now, and when pressure matched work very well.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
They originally made different one for different pressures/emissions. BB are the only ones readily available now, and when pressure matched work very well.

what year did the bb origanally come out?

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not following ya on the pressure matched. Do you mean all 8 pop testing at the same pressure?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A was the first and they are not available, they rebuild them and if they change the tips you get the same tip as a bb, I was told that is all that is being manufactured now, it is an obsolete engine.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well somebody just needs to mass produce a non pintle styled injetor tip, and figure out how to make a 5 or 6 hole tip likes a cummins or powerstroke uses. I think the Moose injectors are about that, time to make those tips available at a decent price ;Sweet

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just turned in two sets of injectors to be rebuilt. One set was stamped "Made in Italy", had a 6 digit part number and were silver in collor. The second set was stamped "Stanadyne", had an alpha-numeric part number and were parkerized a dull black. Mark, at ProMax, has been rebuilding my pumps and injectors for almost 20 years now. He's an authorized Stanadyne and Bosch repair center, and his work is top notch.

I asked him about the difference between the two sets, and told him I wanted the 'best' set rebuilt. According to Mark, the vendors changed year-to-year depending on who had the lowest cost. Injectors were manufactured by CAV, Standadyne and someone else (just forgot their name, dangit!). After almost three decades, almost any injector you buy is going to be identical internally. As pointed out by typ4 and dyoung, the tips are the same, it's just the pop pressure that's different. I told Mark what I was using the injectors for (adding a turbo to my old 6.9), and he'll set the pop pressure accordingly. He'll also make sure that the set has pop pressures that are close (within 50psi), ensuring equal cylinder performance.

osus86diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a set of injectors for the ole beast, the ones in it now seem tired.

What is the best place to find injectors in Ohio or with reasonable shipping?

Anyone know of any good diesel shops in Ohio that does reman on injectors?

Any tips and pointers are more than welcome and greatly appreciated!!!

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a set of injectors for the ole beast, the ones in it now seem tired.

What is the best place to find injectors in Ohio or with reasonable shipping?

Anyone know of any good diesel shops in Ohio that does reman on injectors?

Any tips and pointers are more than welcome and greatly appreciated!!!

If you have ever checked the Hall of Shame, you know there are some unscrupulous folks out there, and a lot of times injectors and pumps turned out not to be what the sellers said they were.

Give Russ (typ4) a PM and he can set you up with a set. The main thing is that the pop pressures are matched and spray patterns checked. Even the "new" and rebuilt items need to be checked before they are sent out, and most often they are not.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I would def give russ a call he ended up being as cheap or cheaper for return line and injectors than anywhere local and his quality is gaurenteed because he checks the injectors himself. I have ordered on set already and thinkin im gonna need another set for the other idi and i would go nowhere else.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I also have a set ordered from him, i dont know if anyone is cheaper but i dont really care cause his are checked to make sure there all set the same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online