Injector installing

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a basic general statement for everyone.

Please make sure there is no dirt around the fuel nuts when doing fuel system checks and installing injectors. I am rechecking some I sold a member and they have severe contamination damage in them..

I cannot control this aspect or warranty this type of damage.

Thanks
Russ

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Im guessing those belong to..... um someone, but anyway, mine ran great for the hole time i had them then one day out of the blue the engine missed like crazy smoked everywere and didnt have power, but once it got warm it seemed to run decent just smoked like the devil,

When i put them in i was cleen, very clean, i even wore gloves, and i never wear gloves to do anything, and i too extra care to make sure they didnt get dirt in them,

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Rus... You might add this... When replacing injectors wear white surgical gloves. As they get dirt on them change them... This tells you things are getting dirty even after you have cleaned it up. This is after you have really done a good job of cleaning all the road grime (black crap) off anyplace you will be touching. When I'm done working on my motor I want my hands and under my finger nails to be spotless. Also start the last injector on either bank because its usually the tuff one to reach. Never tighten any done till you can turn the nut all the way tight. A cross thread is so easy to get and then you have issues... Been there too...

jsnap

Dunce
Reaction score
No come on, no no I cant, thats not nice, hey dont talk like that, ok ok ill say it just take the gun from my head please!!!!!! look its not me but he wanted me to say with the price you charged him for the set of injectors you could give him another set and you still made a few dollars on the deal . OK your happy now Leave me Alone

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No come on, no no I cant, thats not nice, hey dont talk like that, ok ok ill say it just take the gun from my head please!!!!!! look its not me but he wanted me to say with the price you charged him for the set of injectors you could give him another set and you still made a few dollars on the deal . OK your happy now Leave me Alone
okay.........that one was straight out from left field.
here's the facts as they have been presented to me.
i just requested for photos. don't know if there's any or not.
1) Russ was good enough to stand behind the product even though there is ample documentation that this motor has been taken past its operational limits repeatedly. Even all the performance parts sellers are smart enough to put in a disclaimer on parts used in racing have no warranty. Russ still took care of the "problem"
2) The injectors recieved for warranty/cleanup purposes was much dirtier than a injector that has been installed for 5k miles. there was no paint on them but a reasonable person would have said these injectors have been installed for quite some time.
3) Lastly, what's the *****? Did Russ stand up and take care of the problem irregardless of his misgivings? All Russ is doing is making sure he doesn't get abused in the future. That's why he had to do the boilerplate he did.
4) This has nothing to do with the injector issue. This has to do with our mentality of trying to get something for nothing. That's why Walmarts is killing the country. You buy a product, pay a fair price for it. If you have used the product beyond its design limits and something breaks, don't go crying that something's wrong. If you are going to push hard, be prepared to pay the price.
....stepping off soapbox....

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep us updated i want to see if this was an install issue or maybe a build issue?
idk if he builds them him self or sends them to his idi cam god

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
If i done something wrong instaling them im sorry russ, If it cost you money tell me what you need i will save it and send it to you, i dont want to get into fight with anyone over this, i want to make things right

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just so there is no misunderstanding, I do not build them, I match the pressures if need be.
I have a special area I do this at.
It appears that there is excessive wear/ crud in these for such low miles. I got them cleaned because that takes more fluids and stuff than I have, at this time.
I will be splitting the cost with this customer. I have also advised him to double check cleanliness and now i am adding look for water also as it seems there is some damage from that.

And if anyone has any disilussions that I am making a killing, try shimming several sets of injectors sometime, it take a hell of a lot of time.

I know Mel will back up that last statement.

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

WTH!!!!!!!cookoocookoo

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No leaving you alone, no sir - first off, is it your money on the line? If no, then you have no business questioning what Russ charges for his work. Actually, you have no business questioning it regardless - if the price is not right to you, you're more than welcome to find someone else who'd do the same work for cheaper. And you have ABSOLUTELY NONE WHATSOEVER right to determine how much Russ (or anyone else) should charge for their service in order to make profit - last time a customer tried to pull this on me their vehicle was out of the shop as quick as I was able to put the wheels back on it, all the removed and not-yet-installed replacement parts were loaded in it, and I pushed the darn thing with my truck to the very end of the driveway and gave the customer 12 hours to make it disappear before I call the police and report it as abandoned. I never got paid for my disassembly work, but that's fine by me, as I refuse to do business with people who try to tell me how I should run my business. After this comment of yours, your friend is getting take care of just cause Russ is a stand-up man, so just be happy that you're dealing with such a nice person and not for instance someone like me :backoff

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
No leaving you alone, no sir - first off, is it your money on the line? If no, then you have no business questioning what Russ charges for his work. Actually, you have no business questioning it regardless - if the price is not right to you, you're more than welcome to find someone else who'd do the same work for cheaper. And you have ABSOLUTELY NONE WHATSOEVER right to determine how much Russ (or anyone else) should charge for their service in order to make profit - last time a customer tried to pull this on me their vehicle was out of the shop as quick as I was able to put the wheels back on it, all the removed and not-yet-installed replacement parts were loaded in it, and I pushed the darn thing with my truck to the very end of the driveway and gave the customer 12 hours to make it disappear before I call the police and report it as abandoned. I never got paid for my disassembly work, but that's fine by me, as I refuse to do business with people who try to tell me how I should run my business. After this comment of yours, your friend is getting take care of just cause Russ is a stand-up man, so just be happy that you're dealing with such a nice person and not for instance someone like me :backoff

Agreed! I have dealt with Russ for my new caps and lines, and I found him to be VERY fair and a great guy to have around on OB!!;Sweet

I have not bought injectors yet, but spring is coming and I need a set soon....and I gaurentee that they will be coming from Typ4. If someone screw something up putting the truck together, that is NOT the supplier's fault. He has done his job, supplying a pressure matched set of injectors at a price that NO ONE can beat.

jsnap

Dunce
Reaction score

In my opinion M.L.S.C There is no place for Make Profit or Customer when it comes to any type of BrotherHood and i have heard that mentioned many times here...... And as far as dealing with somone like you. The truth is the customer you speak off above probably caught you robbing him in some way and confronted you with it, and if your customer was somone like me after you pushed my vehicle out and called me with that 12 hour altimatum when i did pick up my vehicle my dissasembled parts would have been sent threw every piece of glass in your shop and on your property with you watching...... And then you would have called police because that would have been your only option. But seriously learn the meaning of Brotherhood cause when it truley is brotherhood its a great thing. If your are manufacturing its one thing. But if one knows of a supplier, builder, manufacturer, and so on and dont just pass it on like i did here (Call Cammi @ ARP she will take care of you) and just uses the old I have a connection that must go threw me therefore i cant reveal bla bla bla Its ******** in the form of I found a score and can tac on Xyz and pass it on to my brotherhood what ajoke