Injection pump

hardknocks

Reaction score
I just put a rebuilt pump on my truck with new injectors (non-turbo) . It's smoking black when hit the pedal hard.....not a whole lot , but noticable , wich never happened before .

It is also ideling at 800rpm in park , i used to be at 600rpm.....can i adjust this somehow , or just leave it be?

All in all its running great , and i honestly feel like it has twice the power after the swap , im just worried about melting somthing if the EGT are too high .

Should i be concerned or does it sound right?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
hardknocks said:
I just put a rebuilt pump on my truck with new injectors (non-turbo) . It's smoking black when hit the pedal hard.....not a whole lot , but noticable , wich never happened before .

It is also ideling at 800rpm in park , i used to be at 600rpm.....can i adjust this somehow , or just leave it be?

All in all its running great , and i honestly feel like it has twice the power after the swap , im just worried about melting somthing if the EGT are too high .

Should i be concerned or does it sound right?

:backoff Did ya have the injectors tested before install if so great? ;Sweet
I got 8 new ones and 2 were bad, ordered 2 more and a 3rd was bad. Could be a possiblilty there.
Got em thru MWFI so 70% range on good ones in my book on chancing it. Not downing them as they were great with the service, had em the next day on the door step.
You can adjust the idledown a bit by turning the hex headed screw on the passenger side of the IP where the throttle linkage meets up. Turn it counterclockwise about one full turn and it should get ya back down to 650-700 rmp range.
Good to hear on the power increase. A refresh does make a difference in these ole trucks. ;Sweet

Ron

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online