Injection Pump Kit Question

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you can see the rigid line that Ford uses to feed fuel to the IP. What you have appears to be a non stock fittkng and I would be concerned about damage to IP if threaded in to far or hard.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here I am pointint to the feed line from Filter head to IP

I am only GUESSING with this comment however I suspect that brass fitting you have has tapered pipe threads which is not the correct thread....juzt guessing mind you.

OH YA...I have several stock 7.3 Filter to IP lines in stck too btw...

Hope this helps clear up for you the issue we see.

That's definitely an issue then. The setup had the barbed fitting I showed above along with a rubber line running to the filter housing. Do you have both the solid line and the fittings that go with it? I'd like to get them back to the way they should be in this case.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look here under accessories

http://www.conestogadiesel.com/products/ford.html

High Performance Moose Fuel Feed Line. - Dress up your Pump installation with this high quality flexible stainless braided line with red and blue aluminum fittings intended to replace your existing hard line from the filter head to the pump. This is a must have item, if you've installed a Hypermax Intercooler, and can no longer change your fuel filter without disassembling either your fuel line or your intercooler piping. This item consists of stainless braided 3/8" hose, with XRP blue and red fittings, and the necessary adapter for your pump. Fits all DB-2 pumps on 6.9 or 7.3 engines. Price - $117.10 Custom lengths available at extra cost.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's definitely an issue then. The setup had the barbed fitting I showed above along with a rubber line running to the filter housing. Do you have both the solid line and the fittings that go with it? I'd like to get them back to the way they should be in this case.

Yes I have several used albeit complete fuel systems in stock.

Shipped from 98844 Oroville WA on yer dime...PM me fer details

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My question is who removed the original hard fuel line from the outlet at filter to the suspect fitting on back of injection pump? No matter what has been said. That fitting you are attempting to seal to the back of the pump will NEVER seal with the o ring. Its not designed to seal that way. The treads in the back of the injection pump are straight threads and they are a machine screw thread being 1/2x20 threads. An o ring is what the factory fitting used to seal the threads from leaking and it does have a recess built into the fitting. Its a special fitting designed to eliminate vrbration and thats where the small 5/16 olives fit. They fit on both ends of the factory hard line feeding the injection pump. You MIGHT also need on in the very back of the return hard line that runs from the top of the injection pump to the number 8 cylinder area. Its a very difficult area to see or work in too. On top of the injection pump is a fuel return check valve. Its a straight cut thread that requires an o ring to seal also. Normally you will never have to fit an o ring there because this is part of any pump rebuild. Mel does have a very nice replacement for the hard line that feeds fuel to the injection pump. Many members have purchased it because it illuminates 2 of the usual problem olive areas that tend to leak over time in use. There is another larger olive thats for the lift pump to the filter inlet. Its the 3/8 size olive. So some engines have 3 or 4 olives. It just depends on what return line your particular engine has from factory.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Line and the two fittings fit into a MEDIUM flat rate box you calculate shipping costs not me via USPS flat rate box pictured here.

See the O ring on the fitting? You will need two new OLJVES as well for both ends of the feed line.

DO NOT USE TEFLON TAPE ON THE FITTING FOR FUEL FILTER HEAD!!!! Only use a liquid thread sealant such as Permatex thread sealant.

Hope this will get you running

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Gary. I do have a truck. I bought it off a high school kid for a good price and I'm finding a lot of stuff may not be up to par.

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best picture I have on me right now. Therres a brass 90 degree fitting that screws into the "check valve" return port I believe it is referred to. That then transfers to a 5/16th fuel line which runs into the metal return line. This I show it was setup when purchased.

Edit: Don't mind the moisture on the line. This picture was before I replaced that rubber line with a new piece, it had split causing that leak.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That appears stock there is an O ring on the check valve fyi that is on the fitting that threads into IP I cannot tell if you have the correct check valve fitting from that image.

IDIiot has a WTB thread in marketplace for the fitting and bill posted an image there.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?73958-WTB-IP-fuel-return-check-valve

Yes I have them in stock as well

Okay awesome. That's the setup that exists now so I should be alright there.

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to Orielly tonight and purchased a 1/2"-20 male oring boss fitting and went to screw it in. Is it possible that a stanadyne freshly rebuilt ip has different threads on the ip inlet?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fitting you have on there WV is not designed for an oring, that is why it does not fit. you should have olives in the return kit box I sent.
The reason Stanadyne uses oring fittings is so people wont need sealer or tape on fittings which will DESTROY a fuel system in short order. For those that have seen it and used it, I dont need the sucess stories. Ive seen teflon tape inside injectors before, it happens.

Anyway, The thread in the pump is 1/2-20NF inch thread oring boss.

[[[Is it possible that a stanadyne freshly rebuilt ip has different threads on the ip inlet?]]]

No.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online