Inj pump instal as we speak

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
Inj pump instal as we speak (UPDATE, ITS RUNNING BUT A COUPLE QUESTIONS")

So at the moment im doin my inj pump swap, got the old pump out and lines etc. while the inj lines are off id change the glow plugs considering there easy to acess and are factory ones. So do you all have any final tips for me while installing pump, tourque for the 3 8mm bolts and the 3 9/16 nuts on the back instal the pump with inj lines pre installed etc. andbiggest is i have to use my tps unit where do i check the power with a digital volt meter just tips to make instal smoother. Thanks now its time to head back outside and do some more tinkering. Ill check back in a bit. And yes i do have pics of everything out and what not.

Last edited:

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
Putting the new olives in and do they sit infront of the flare or go right over it and sit just behind thats the last step and its ready to start on my new inj pump. And also i just put the pump in and tightend in the injector lines then the main 3 nuts down the pump seems to sit realatively close to where the old one used to.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Putting the new olives in and do they sit infront of the flare or go right over it and sit just behind thats the last step and its ready to start on my new inj pump. And also i just put the pump in and tightend in the injector lines then the main 3 nuts down the pump seems to sit realatively close to where the old one used to.

The olives go over the flare on the fuel delivery line.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So at the moment im doin my inj pump swap, got the old pump out and lines etc. while the inj lines are off id change the glow plugs considering there easy to acess and are factory ones. So do you all have any final tips for me while installing pump, tourque for the 3 8mm bolts and the 3 9/16 nuts on the back instal the pump with inj lines pre installed etc. andbiggest is i have to use my tps unit where do i check the power with a digital volt meter just tips to make instal smoother. Thanks now its time to head back outside and do some more tinkering. Ill check back in a bit. And yes i do have pics of everything out and what not.

Lol you read my mind

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
so i got it running now but it seems to idle a bit rough, could just be air, it only ran for about 10 mins and the other question is it sounds super cackley so that means its to far advanced? or possible being retarted to ?

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i got it running now but it seems to idle a bit rough, could just be air, it only ran for about 10 mins and the other question is it sounds super cackley so that means its to far advanced? or possible being retarted to ?

You will need to drive it around to get all the air out of the lines. This may take a while but it will clear up. Do this step before adjusting the timing.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your cold advance may be on as well. Once that kicks off and air is out of lines it should smooth out. It takes my rig a few miles of driving to get air out of injection system every time I mess with it.

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
i will and doing this for an evening goin to a buddies place and back etc, no highway but just light driving wont harm anything may it be to far advanced like its not horrible just a tad louder them before

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't hurt anything if you are making a short trip. It should smooth out once cold advance kicks off and air is out of lines. Check for leaks before and after you drive to your buddies house as well ;Sweet.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to add. A new injection pump may have restored the retarded timing that your engine had with old IP. So if you lined new IP up with scribe mark, it is more than likely fine. It should be a tad louder than it used to in my opinion. I would, however, plan to get it professionally timed if you want it spot on.

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
Yea i lokked at it and the scribe mark is a about 16th to the pass side so ill line up marks but you are right it will prob be some louder then what im used to

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

this video is with the cold advance active, the next is after it has warmed up to operating temp and gone for a drive still sounds to crackley almost like a cummins kinda sound..