Info on moose pump/injectors

rembrant88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol... Tempting on upgrades like this is mandatory. :backoff :sly The TYP4 cam is a re-grind specifically designed to help a turbo spool quicker and give better power / economy. I think the general #'s are around 10% increase in torque and horsepower? And they're a good price, too. Right around $250 when you include shipping both ways for your core to him, and the new one to you.

Oh, I see how it is. Lol.

Not a bad deal. I guess it depends on what I decide to do. Maybe I should blow up this motor so I have an excuse to rebuild it.;Sweet

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't blow it up just Freshen it to give you another 200k trouble free miles. New rings and bearings wouldn't break the bank & there would be no boring required.

rembrant88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean you "kinda have a turbo"?[/QUOTE

It's a secret project :D. It shouldn't surprise anyone but I want to get everything on it finished, tuned and dyno tested first. At least then when I'm called crazy the numbers support it!

Turboed94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm inTerested in some moosemisters for my truck how much do they run$? And what kinda hp/tq diffrence do they make

rembrant88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm inTerested in some moosemisters for my truck how much do they run$? And what kinda hp/tq diffrence do they make

I believe Mel is asking just over a grand for the misters.

As far as power goes, I saw a thread where a dyno tested idi with the misters and moose pump got a little over 200hp and some impressive torque numbers. If you do a search on the sight you should find it, unless it was over on FTE. Now I can't remember. I'm not sure if there has been a same engine dyno run to calculate the exact hp gain when using the misters and stock injectors. Hopefully someone can give you a link that shows some tests done in stages with the various upgrades. If not than you could look at that thread I mentioned and also stock engine dyno runs with and without turbo and maybe come up with a general idea. I'm still trying to find out exactly what makes a moose pump so different in it's function, and not just an opinion, but so far haven't had a strait answer. It's a secret I suppose.:dunno.

Maybe the specifics are out there and I just haven't found them yet. I'll let you know if I find that thread but someone should beat me to it.