Info on moose pump/injectors

rembrant88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm new here :hail. I'm sure this hasn't been asked before.

I would like to better understand this system of Mel's. What it's functions are, opinions and experiences with these pumps would be helpful. I can turn up the fuel on my rebuilt stock pump, how is this pump different? And the mister injectors as well. I was going to get some BB injectors. I was wondering if his are just a good rebuild or if there are other characteristics that set them apart. I have been considering the advantages of a higher pressure setup rather than just a longer duration of fuel, which I believe you get when turning up the stock pump.

I assume I have to post a few times before I can PM him, so what better way to start.

Thanks.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recommend you do some searching and reading, all these questions have been answered many times. check the FAQ section

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I have yet to be able to personally afford a moose setup , but one look at the pictures he has of the improved spray pattern on those moose mister injectors is a no brainer. The finer that you can atomize your fuel the more power that you are going to get out of it, and the further it's going to take you ( i.e. better fuel mileage) I've done personal experiments with gas burners and vapour carbureters and know what an insane difference fully atomizing fuel can make in an engine and Mel's design is top notch. If I weren't on such a tight budget, I would have a set ( my pump is getting weak so a baby moose pump is in my future ;Sweet Any luck at all , I'll be able to save up enough fo the injectors as well, but I'm not looking for gobs of power, just the effeciency ( a good design maximizes both )

rembrant88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to do some more searching, and still will. But I need the posts like I said. The way money likes to fly out of my pocket these days I'd better spend it on my truck before another cause comes up.

This system is obviously expensive but I don't have plans to ever buy a new truck so car payment = more custom modifications :D. But it does hurt to give it all up even if you can.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
You should be able to send and receive pm's, you just have to go to your user panel (user cp) and turn them on. They are off by default.

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello there I sent you some info in your person mail here about the moose pumps and moose misters! Mel sent me all the info so I thought id share with you! I hope this helps ! Anyway welcome to oilburners! and i see we both live in idaho Im in caldwell so good to see someone from the same state !

rembrant88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay. I figured it out. I'll ask Mel about getting me setup. Have to get this project on the road. Fish'n season coming up.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Also, another important factor, does your truck have a turbo? If not, I would stick with just a baby moose and BB code injectors, as you'll never be able to use all that fuel. But if you are turbocharged, then the regular moose pump and even injectors should be fine as long as you have a pyrometer and keep your EGTs below 1100.

An intercooler isn't a requirement, but it would be a definite help.

rembrant88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, another important factor, does your truck have a turbo? If not, I would stick with just a baby moose and BB code injectors, as you'll never be able to use all that fuel. But if you are turbocharged, then the regular moose pump and even injectors should be fine as long as you have a pyrometer and keep your EGTs below 1100.

An intercooler isn't a requirement, but it would be a definite help.

Turbo? Sort of. You'll see. Don't think I'll go all out with it. The hot pump and mister injectors sounds fine. Don't want to blow anything up quite yet.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Welcome to the site man! The only thing I can say about the Moose products is to not be surprised if you have to wait a while to get what you need. Everyone wants Mel's stuff (myself included) and I think he's just getting back in a position to be able to provide it.

rembrant88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. It's good to be here with you fine gents.

I'll have to ask him what his situation looks like and the approximate timing. I don't know if he still wants the pump sent to him for rebuild or if it's an off the shelf deal now. I have a few lying around so I'll have to see what one will be best if it makes any difference. I'm just glad somebody does this kind of thing. The price of the injectors is well worth it. Now I want someone to do a roller rocker set for the idi's. Then my masterpiece will be complete.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. It's good to be here with you fine gents.

I'll have to ask him what his situation looks like and the approximate timing. I don't know if he still wants the pump sent to him for rebuild or if it's an off the shelf deal now. I have a few lying around so I'll have to see what one will be best if it makes any difference. I'm just glad somebody does this kind of thing. The price of the injectors is well worth it. Now I want someone to do a roller rocker set for the idi's. Then my masterpiece will be complete.

AFAIK, it's still a "send in your own core" thing. And the nicest one you can find, too. The nicer your core is, the cheaper the rebuild costs for his builder. You should get a TYP4 cam, too. ;Sweet :D

rembrant88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, it's still a "send in your own core" thing. And the nicest one you can find, too. The nicer your core is, the cheaper the rebuild costs for his builder. You should get a TYP4 cam, too. ;Sweet :D

Sounds good. The 7.3 one I have is in good shape.

TYP4 cam, I have been meaning to look into it. What info do you have? My engine is a 94' factory turbo 200k miles. I have considered rebuilding it, but with that many miles and good compression I don't see the point. If I were to rebuild then I guarantee you the cam would go in. Don't temp me!-cuss.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Sounds good. The 7.3 one I have is in good shape.

TYP4 cam, I have been meaning to look into it. What info do you have? My engine is a 94' factory turbo 200k miles. I have considered rebuilding it, but with that many miles and good compression I don't see the point. If I were to rebuild then I guarantee you the cam would go in. Don't temp me!-cuss.

Lol... Tempting on upgrades like this is mandatory. :backoff :sly The TYP4 cam is a re-grind specifically designed to help a turbo spool quicker and give better power / economy. I think the general #'s are around 10% increase in torque and horsepower? And they're a good price, too. Right around $250 when you include shipping both ways for your core to him, and the new one to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online

No members online now.