in-line eight cylinder pump to replace stock rotory pump

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not a bad idea, unfortunately you'll need to build a new intake manifold to accomodate the pump.

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
I've got a 8 cyl bosch inline pump... I got it off of a Deutz diesel on ebay. If I can't get what I wan't from the stanadyne pump it's my backup.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your a machinist, and don't mind cutting your own gears, there seems to be no limit to what kind of pump you could put on. Inline pumps are generally too long for our application.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
hmmm,Custom stainless tube intake.......IP the size of the starter.....Enough fuel to sink a battle ship! OH YEA!!!!!!

hypermax22

sled puller
Reaction score
lol i reckon it would sink a battle ship but it would be hell in a truck hoooooooooo look out rings about to get a wash job just think of the power that you have if you could get the fuel delivery right

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IVECO in the mid-80's had a 17L V8 Turbodiesel for their Turbostar line of trucks that used an inline pump. This thing was huge. Of course that V8 had nearly 500hp for those high alpine passes.

Shame they weren't in major circulation here in the States, they were an excellent engine.