I'm about to install the newly released Sidewinder Kit!

Donsbad89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's official I have no CDR gasket. Anybody know where I can get one quick? I bought the BWD injector install kit that had all the caps and fresh o-rings and what not. This dang CDR is all thats keeping me from wrapping this sucker up!

RedTruck

Reaction score
My sidewinder kit didn't come with that gasket. I got one from my Ford dealer. They were on the shelf. I think the banks kit assumes you are going to reuse the old one.

Also if your up pipe to turbo joint leaks (no gasket for this in the banks kit), the early PSD up pipe to turbo gasket will fit.

Paul

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to be asking this, but did anyone else ever get a response from banks? I think I've probably been blacklisted now LOL

I can just imagine the reaction at their office. "Oh gawd, not those IDI guys again!" -spam

:rotflmao

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to be asking this, but did anyone else ever get a response from banks? I think I've probably been blacklisted now LOL

I can just imagine the reaction at their office. "Oh gawd, not those IDI guys again!" -spam

:rotflmao

Nope nothing from banks-cuss

Donsbad89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell they just brought back the dis-continued WG sidewinder and redid the description to match their new "Quick-Boost" tagline. :(

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think ATS blacklisted me, the guys there told me "we don't have nothing for them old things anymore", almost cried.:eek:

wmoguy

Reaction score
From what I can tell they just brought back the dis-continued WG sidewinder and redid the description to match their new "Quick-Boost" tagline. :(

LOL. sounds llike a decision by someone in marketing. ode the days of "rebranding" prior product lines, I remember many of those types of meetings.

Donsbad89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to report back. The kit is on and running fantastic. The boost comes on fast and the truck pulls great. I'm debating turning the pump up more. There is hardly any smoke. What should the highest reading on the banks pyro gauge be? It's mounted in the cast iron just before the turbo. 1150? 1000?

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulling grade I don't go any higher than 1150*. When you tow you'll notice you can control the EGT's with your right foot on the skinny pedal. Also pulling long grades try keep rpms 2400 or higher to keep the EGT's from rising to quickly.

Donsbad89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, has anyone done away with the banks heat blanket part and just ceramic coated the hotside parts?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Maintaining some kind of heat blanket is very important two ways. It keeps heat in the turbo so it can be used and it keeps the heat from ruining wireing and other close by parts.

Donsbad89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that a inside/outside ceramic coating would accomplish the same thing and look much nicer?

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Somehow I missed this one until now :dunno Anyway my heart stopped when I read the title LOL

Either way I'd love a new Banks kit :love:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, has anyone done away with the banks heat blanket part and just ceramic coated the hotside parts?
Some people have ceramic-coated everything from the exhaust manifolds to the turbine housing...they said that their turbo response was MUCH quicker,, with the added benefit of a cooler engine compartment. However, I've also heard concerns that, over the long term, the ceramic coating may separate from the metal due to the metal expanding and contracting and the ceramic not following suit. So, I'm split...actually, I'd like to see a debate on the benefits and concerns about ceramic coating from the people in the know ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online