If you could do it all over again, what Ford would you get??

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Alright, im gettin a diesel hopefully before spring break (mid March). I went to our Ford dealer and test drove a 99 or 00 F250 XLT ext cab 4x4 wit 242K. They wanted $8995. It was a construction company fleet truck. Always had it serviced at this Ford dealer. No dents or anything. Didnt even look like a const truck. Only probs i saw were the windshield was cracked and the weather stripping on the drivers door was gone and there was some rust where it was. It was white with grey cloth. Engine compartment was perfect! Very clean. Power is awesome compared to my gassers. I want one really bad now. My Bank said i could haha. I told our salesman to look out for a 99 to 03 4x4 250 or 350 ext cab but prefer a crew. I'd rather have a manual and a long bed but will settle with an auto and short bed. I also told him i would also take a 98 or older 250 or 350 but it has to be a crew. But for the money and what i've seen you can buy a 99 or newer for the same price as a 98 or older around here. What should I look for with the 99 to 03 diesels? Any probs i should look for? If you could start over and get another Ford what would you get?

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I wish I would have bought my current truck from the git-go. My 03 was a good truck & strong as hell after all the problems were worked out but I've always preferred the look of the OBS. I love my 97. My IDI had sentimental value but was an XL & just wouldn't due for pulling the family & fiver around comfortably.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Yea i love the older trucks. Wouldnt be against the older powerstrokes. My dad has a 98 F250 460 ext cab. Its a sweet truck. Looks awesome but i HATE not bein able opening up a door for the extended cab part. I'd have to have a crew.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
'99-'03 F350 SRW CC LB Lariat or King Ranch 7.3 automatic.

The King Ranch is sweeeet ;Sweet love the CC LB too, but I don't think I could give up the manual trans. I know I have an obs, but if I were to get another truck it would be a SD King Ranch!!

JLDickmon

Bo Duke
Reaction score
I'm about to do it all over again..
getting another truck for the "farm" and looking at a '97 supercab longbox and a '99 crewcab standard bed

tjl

Diesel Nut
Reaction score
If I could do it all over again. I would get a CCSB with an automatic. Dually's are nice but they can be a pain in tight places. I'm also tired of shifting gears.

foxman

foxman
Reaction score
If I started I would have nothing but the 96 or 97 OBS 7.3 single cab. Would not change a thing about what I have now. Dual wheel cab/chassis with a flat bed. Most versatile truck I have ever owned. Can tow tag trailer - - goose neck - - and have the hitch set up for 5th wheel. This is better than REDMAN chewing tabakee.
Foxman

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Well it could be a 97 I dont know. I know it was the last yr for that body style. So they didnt make an F250 in 98??

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Yea those dont count. haha. Ford was a little behind when they changed the 150 and didnt have the new superdutys