Idle Adjustment

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
-cuss
Who in their right *&^%##$ mind every thought that putting the idle adjustment screw behind/below the pump was a good idea should be drug outside and shot to death, then drug to the end of the driveway and shot to death again. -cuss :shoot:

My idle has always hovered around 500 rpms the entire time I've owned her - so I decided that it was high time that I adjust it up a smidgen... Boy oh boy I didn't know what I was getting myself into... Again drag him out and shoot him (Twice)...

But it's done. Should help with the burp at idle that she gets from time to time (warm idle in the summertime).

I'm gonna head over to my local watering hole and wet the ole whistle after that. :cheers:

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha..just wait till you have to change that POS rubber fuel line behind the i/p, yeah, the one that rots out and leaks on every 12 v.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ah you mean the one that looks like it has been repaired in the past :puke: It has a double ended hose barb in it - seen it while I was laying under the truck trying to figure out just where the the Sam Heck the screw/bolt was located...

Just my luck when the truck is up to full operating temp the idle is now set at 1200 rpms on the dash -cuss So it looks like I'm going diving in the morning... ;Pissed

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wellp..good luck to ya..
yeah, thats the hose, they use some ****** hose hose from the factory..kinda resembles vaccuum line if you ask me..i'm surprised it was repaired..not replaced. odd.

rubberfish

Reaction score
Hey Travis, I thought you were going for beers?
What are you doing here still chatting?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I did... The Trion is not that far from me (remember I live in town). I sat and watched half of the Pistons/Knicks game.