IDI truck serp and 5.0 gas serp brackets

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So going to try from phone....two.brackets here IDI Serpentine ps/ac truck bracket and a 5.0/5.8 gas van serpentine ps/ac bracket. notice the.difference.in mountimg n such.....wonder if two.could be.cut apart and welded.together?

You must be registered for see images

whatcha think

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the pump doesnt matter it self where it comes from....what matters is the bracket to make it fit, I placed three completely different pumps in the bracket, all mounting hole lined up and shaft depth is the same too.

one stock ford van/gas engine, one unknown hydroboost, one chev van w hydroboost and it has a round resevior with a seperate tank to fill that has a large hose to pump.. two return lines one high pressure line.

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
I would almost think it would be easier to take the IDI bracket, (looks steel) weld in some plate, and then cut or drill it out to fit the Saginaw pump. Unless I am wrong, one looks aluminum and one looks steel. The aluminum one also has a bit of extra ribbing for reinforcement.

Just looked again - both look aluminum. Can you make an adapter plate to bolt the Saginaw pump into the IDI bracket?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would almost think it would be easier to take the IDI bracket, (looks steel) weld in some plate, and then cut or drill it out to fit the Saginaw pump. Unless I am wrong, one looks aluminum and one looks steel. The aluminum one also has a bit of extra ribbing for reinforcement.

Just looked again - both look aluminum. Can you make an adapter plate to bolt the Saginaw pump into the IDI bracket?

There was a saginaw pump sold in the market place that had that friggen adapter on it! It was as I understood going to go to Jason Freebird01 to get checked out and maybe make some....but apparently that has not happened.

PSC IIRC makes some adapters too....but not sure if they are the right ones for this application

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/ford-5-0-saginaw-pump-adapter-bracket.html

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a close up shot of my two brackets, both are aluminum and that's why I was thinking machine the center out and weld it in, I have a friend who has a personal machine shop and may be able to help...

I'll be taking the brackets to him on Sunday as we are removing the SERVICE Box off the white truck...ONE step closer to Bronco!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
That was mine i bought and i found out the pump i have is specific to a bolt in. We talked it over and found the horseshoe and shaft are different so i decided to abondon that project.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was mine i bought and i found out the pump i have is specific to a bolt in. We talked it over and found the horseshoe and shaft are different so i decided to abondon that project.
Do you still have the pump? Are you using it? If not want to sell it?...

IIRC pump is early model AMC style...easy to identify for sure....or at least find similar...saginaw brackets all bolt up the same! Snouts and shafts are a little different is all.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats a saginaw?
A power steering pump usually on GM products but all manufactures have used them.

They produce more pressure and volume compared to our C2's that come stock from Ford, they don't whine when turning either. They are great to add if you have hydroboost brakes, and or hydro assisted steering.

They come off Ford vans, so you need the pump and bracket and you need the hi pressure hose too and it's a bolt in if you get the brackets.

The brackets I have are a gasser not diesel Van and subsequently I'm looking to adapt my bracket to my IDI bracket some how...to make it fit!...simple nuff?

Also they are often referred to as Canned Ham pumps because they look like canned ham

You must be registered for see images

https://www.google.ca/search?q=sagi...w&biw=1067&bih=520&sei=EFTST6GfCYLy2QXUmPmwDw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online