IDI to powerstroke conversion?

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
the ats upgrades are just to the exhaust housing. you can put a 60-1 wheel in your ats turbo but that requires some machining to the turbo housing. you can do the same things to the exhaust housing as the ats mods if you can do a little metalwork

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
If your truck has the factory turbo(ats wastegated) the only difference between your turbo and an ats 093 kit(not factory but still ats wastegated) will be that the factory turbo has a flattened downpipe. the compressor side is the same.

you will have to machine either of these turbos to accept the 60-1 comp wheel.

as far as I know both of the wastegated options offered(banks, ats) are considered pretty much equal

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
If your truck has the factory turbo(ats wastegated) the only difference between your turbo and an ats 093 kit(not factory but still ats wastegated) will be that the factory turbo has a flattened downpipe. the compressor side is the same.

you will have to machine either of these turbos to accept the 60-1 comp wheel.

as far as I know both of the wastegated options offered(banks, ats) are considered pretty much equal

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just had a 2008 PSD in here to work on. They sound.... tiny. I can't describe it. There's no deep clearly diesel sound to it. It almost sounds like it was kicked in the boy parts hee hee

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Just had a 2008 PSD in here to work on. They sound.... tiny. I can't describe it. There's no deep clearly diesel sound to it. It almost sounds like it was kicked in the boy parts hee hee

Don't forget to take into consideration that those are multi/split shot injectors, designed for "quieter, smoother" engine operation. The 1st gen PSD's have single shots. A friend of mine has a super-upgraded F250 Super Duty... that engine sounds just plain mean. It actually chugs at idle.