IDI Resurrection

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya jred thats a good idea i dont fly so hell have to pay fuel for me

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Jason, I am sorry I missed out. By the looks of your to do list, I may get my chance to help before your build is done. So, where's Corey going next weekend?LOL

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Jason, I am sorry I missed out. By the looks of your to do list, I may get my chance to help before your build is done. So, where's Corey going next weekend?LOL

nowhere. it is my holiday.......

(walks away humming "this is halloween" from nigthmare before xmas)

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
no pics but i finally decided to get a bit motivated and get something done for a change and go figure....it started raining. well im working outside so i didnt get as much done as i would have liked.

I did manage to get the front fuel tank and skid plate removed, rear tank is ready to come out. I just have to remove the rear bumper and hitch to get it out.

all the rear chassis harness is removed along with all the plastic fuel lines and rear brake lines. next up is remove the rear bumper and hitch, rear shocks and start lookin at what im doing with the engine, trans, and t-case to get it out of the frame.

my goal is to have the frame sandblasted so i can paint it before i start re-assembly

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
well not that the pics show much but here ya go...aside from working on my f150 i managed to get some stuff done to the diesel today.

I got the bumpers removed, hitch removed, rear tank pulled, rear driveshaft removed, front driveshaft disconnected from the t-case, and the shocks all pulled off.

You must be registered for see images attach

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
yea...the next big step is the motor and trans comming out of the frame. the trans im just gunna set some where out of the grass. not sure what im gunna do with the 7.3 yet....

next step on the f150 is to put a hitch on dieselcrawler gave me then bring the kubota down from my moms...will make it way easier to pull the engine and trans

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
i managed to pick this up last weeked....off a 2wd 86 garage queen for $200!!!

the stainless XLT trim is even in great shape!!!

im gunna have to massage the radiator support since it was a gasser but im ok with that...

next i got to get a set of doors...

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That front clip is an awsome find, I still can't beleave i let a perfect clip ftom an 85 go to the scap yard a few month's back.. What was i thinking:dunno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online