IDI get together in the MidWest!!!

coletrain777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK...
So reading about the IDI weekend in Pennsylvania, and now seeing a post about the possibility of a gathering on the west coast makes me want us Midwest guys and gals have a chance to get together not too far from home. Anyone else like the idea of having a gathering sometime even this winter or early spring. I would love to see us have a 1 or 2 day gathering where we could get to know each other better, relax, maybe a timing clinic:D, just a good time! Anyone else think this is a good idea??? I would be willing to take care of a few of the details if anyone is interested, lets talk dates and how we want to do it. I'm up for a Friday/Saturday just about anytime!!! C'mon, Missouri is BEAUTIFUL and WARM this time of year:rotflmao

89ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be awesome to have a timing clinic down here I would take off work to come meet everyone

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm all for it. I can say its hard to find a weekend to get away.

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on when and where it'd be, i work 6 days a week.. so i'd have to see when it was and if there was a way i could get off work..

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Having hosted a couple get-togethers.... I'll tell ya this....

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME!!!!

If you stand around talking about maybe, possibilities, should I, or whatever you will lose interest then when you finally do pull the trigger people have lost faith in you and won't show up for that reason. If you are going to do it - DO IT!

Like for example... I'm again this year putting on the After the Holidays Holiday party / gathering and I didn't ask if anyone wanted to come I just tossed up the info and had this mind set... I'm going to a hotel for the weekend and I'm gonna hang out in the conf room and if nothing else it will be me and my kids hanging out if people stop by - they stop by, if they don't - they don't....

Trust me - throw something together and I'm sure you will get people to come out - the first year your numbers will be small but as time goes on they will grow - reason being is that the first time around people don't know each other so they will be a little timid about coming out. then after they know each other they leave as friends.... then the next year because those people talked it up so damn much on here others will show up then it just snowballs from there.... The IDI Weekend was the same way... it started slow and then grew from there.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
just give enough notice for people to get time off from work and such... Heck if the timing is right for me I might drive my fat butt out there - never know....

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I can get my truck to run right I might be able to get my daughter to care for my wife and sneak off for the week end! Especially if there is a chance to meet some of you and get it timed

coletrain777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright... So lets make this happen.
The next question/s are this:
1. How quickly would we like to have this? I personally am looking at the next 2 months, springtime and on gets downright crazy for me.

2. Do we want to have a family-friendly atmosphere with activities for the wives and children, or do we just want to find someone with a BIG WARM machine shed where we can hang out and tinker with everyone's truck? Afterward we could all go out to dinner, or we could grill right there?

3. If we are going to do this I think a main draw will be a timing clinic. Does anyone that might come so far have timing equipment? I was thinking that 6 Nebraska IDI's had a setup, someone else might??? Just trying to figure things out.

Just so everyone knows THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN, I just want to get some group ideas so as to better cater to the desires of the group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online