IDI Florida Mini-meet 8/24/08

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I'm guessing that JD had a hood hinge stick open at one point? I have the exact same upwards dent in my hood :D actually, his truck reminds me of mine in many ways...

Looks like you guys had fun :cool

We had a blast!

I also commented about the "Flared" side of his hood... Looks like the passenger side of the hood on my 87!

Gary

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
I think you should ask JD what happened to his hood. He will give a MUCH better account of it than I would! :D :D :D LOL

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it's kinda like this.... I was just finished with changing the oil and I always check for leaks by driving around the neighborhood but because the hood release didn't have a handle I just dropped the hood over the latch instead of thoroughly latching it...and I ran into a huge gust of wind going around the corner and the hood blew up in the windshield, luckily it just stretched the springs and cracked the metal...which looked like it had already been repaired once. It sucks and I need a new hood, but its a lot of work and a lot of money.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Okay.... Here are a bunch of videos from out lil rally.... including the 1986 orange 6.9L complete with an aftermarket ATS turbo setup and wide open 4" exhaust hailing from gainesville, FL VS. the grey 1994 7.3L with the stock turbo and some stacks hailing from ocala, FL!...... anyways, you get the point, hahaha :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

go check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/user/AsphaltCowgirl9

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Nice!
Sam looks as if she got the better of ya JD. Couldnt hear Sams turbo, but sure could hear JD's spooling down. Next time I take my dad down to Miami for a doctors visit, I'll have to try and meet you guys. We drive one of our IDI's all the way down.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sean You're always welcome here. Sam's truck is definitely more powerful than mine but I took it kinda easy I didn't want to not be able to stop at the stop sign after the race...those marginal brakes ya know!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Thanks JD.
Yea I hear ya about the brakes. Sounds like you need to do the rear disk conversion. I am. Especially if you have the old Dana rear axle instead of the sterling. Makes changing brakes so much easier.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I just need to change the front pads. I'd love to do the disks but man its gonna be a lot of money and time and I'm currently a bit wary of big projects after having that manual swap turn into such a turkey.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those vids are great. Sam's video "stacked" seems to bring up some other interesting videos in the related video's section. LOL

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
thats awesome.... we'll have to do a north florida, south ga get together sometime.
I'm just north of gaineseville, on the GA side.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Well why didn't ya'll come on down??????? hehe.... I'm moving to kentucky next month, won't be down here much longer..........